No-Wahoo Cleveland Baseball (New Uni Set 3-10-2014)

keithisgood

Know I said I was done, but I can't seem to stop tinkering. New Alternate Logo:

zdNBiCO.png

Anchor and Hammers are a motif used on the Cleveland City Flag. I've crossed them in a faux-crest meant to mirror the shape of Ohio with a star roughly where Cleveland sits.

And put in place on the Home Uni:

tpq4rcB.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

With the Cleveland's Local paper, the Plain Dealer, writing that Chief Wahoo should go, I've decided to take another stab at Imagining Moses Cleaveland as a wahoo-type logo. For reference, here's ol' Moses himself and the chief:

imag0223.jpg

200px-Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png

With those in mind, Here's my latest take at Moses Cleaveland as a logo:

gEwGhzqm.png This one has the traditional Wahoo smile.

But as Moses seemed to dislike smiling, here's another take with a wry grin instead.

KoUo8rLm.png

Probably the last I'll work on this for awhile, sleeve patches for the jersey:TLDxH8W.pngbtQPR8m.png

Sorry for being late to the party, and I know I'm in the minority here, but I love the old English C. Especially with the hidden le. This iteration has perfect subtlety on the le. Don't like the laurels on the chest, regardless of color, but love it in the logo here. Roundels may be overdone in baseball, but they're overdone for a reason. My only concern with this version is its similarity to the Twins newish primary. Maybe the red and blue could be inverted? Except for the C, keep that red, it's choice.

What I really like about this version is the tinkering actually made this look a little bit reminiscent of the 70's caveman style script. If that was on purpose, it was noticed and it's to good historical effect.

This roundel would make a fine shoulder patch, love the racing stripes. Confine the laurels to the shoulder patch, and for Cleveland's sake, don't advertise the fact that the Indians have only won two Series in 109 chances.

Hey, better late than never, right? Thanks for the appreciation. Although the Block C is growing on me, I still like this Old English C. And actually, I hadn't even realized the C's shape looks like the old Caveman C, but you're absolutely right. One of these days, I'm going to get a custom jersey made.

I'll take a look at swapping the colors to keep them from looking Twin-ish.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

this is epic.

to be more innovative. you use/wear the traditional wahoo smile on games after wins. OK, maybe not that but I don't see any reason not to use both logos substantially.

Love the secondary logo and sleeve patch. I want to put Cleveland on a bat drinking a mugged brew like the Cardinals logo with the birds.

I don't like the C on the home jersey but that's personal taste as I typically don't like the upper right chest placement style. I think Cleveland is one of the few cities that should have their teams put Cleveland on all their jerseys, even home. They really embrace their teams as representation. a white jersey with cleveland written across would sell like crazy in that city.

well done! thanks for sharing.

US NAVY VETERAN

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

Still plugging away at this in my spare time; perhaps a bit more relevant now that some are trying to remove the D.C. 'Skins

2knLVBvm.png

It's supposed to be Moses Cleveland (but really ended up looking more like Bob Hope in a wig).

I'm more offended by the mockery of a Founding Father than the Redskins' name.

Really, congrats on the merchandise deal. Good work.

87Redskins.png

The problem is that nobody (outside Cleveland, that is) knows ANYTHING about Moses Cleveland. Just looking at your logo - without any context - it feels like George Washington or some other variant on "Patriots," "Rebels," or some other patriotic team name.

I'm not saying it's a bad move on your part - but there would have to be some serious market education of the fanbase, and the greater community of MLB. It's an uphill battle - and might be worth it - but it's definitely an uphill challenge.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived