Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

Another trend in scoreboard graphics that I'd like to discuss: So NBC is the last to add a player name/photo to their TD animation, which means every network (including NFLN) does this.

Now I want to ask: I assume to go-to argument supporting this is because fantasy or sports betting, but...am I crazy to not like how this took off since Fox started the trend at Super Bowl LIV?

1. If you're watching the game, more likely than not, you are aware of who scored because the PBP man will announce it, even if he waits for 5-7 seconds of silence/crowd noise to say it.
  2. The player photos only come in handy for the star players. Your third string receiver or a cornerback not named Sauce Gardner (on a pick six, obviously) isn't getting their face on that animation.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 8/31/2024 at 9:12 PM, FSUViking said:

New ESPN bug is awesome. Love it. Best in the biz.

It's sharp. It's colorful.

I like that it has subtle animations too. I think I remember seeing the timeout markers and other elements sort of flicker when they appeared.

Also bonus points for using the Redzone font. One of my favorites out there. 

• Like 1