PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The state bird of the small state of Rhode Island is a rooster. The Rhode Island Red to be specific. That seems like a good mascot name for a team. So good it was the name of the team in New Delhi back in the day. And that cincinnati ball-club. I had planed on this team being the Rhode Island Roosters at that point. When I made the change to the Soul I hinted the name may make a comeback. Well its back! I decided to use 'Providence' in the team name instead of RI because I feel calling the Rhode Island Reds is kinda confusing given they are based on a bird of the exact same name, and Providence is such a strong city name.....ok its kinda complicated...short form: I like it more. The color scheme is unlike anything I remember seeing and I just kinda happened. So its 5am the suns peaking over the horizon and whats that screeching sound? Its the Providence Reds!

REDS-2.jpg

Very similar font to a franchise of another red name, it's escaping me right now.

Seriously, who had the "reds" nickname before Providence? And I also think Rhode Island Reds sounds a little bit better than Providence.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Looks great! I like how it's just a maroon silhouette of the rooster infront of the sun. And btw, is that the same font as the old New Delhi? That "R" looks like it. And also, how would it look if you made a whole fence rather than just the top part? Maybe try making a whole small fence to see how it would look. It might clear up some future confusion.

Scruggy I type the explanations for a reason...everything you need to know I already said.

PSU The whole fence looked terrible.I did that first. I either had to make the rooster A LOT smaller or make it a dispropotionatly small fence to keep the balance. My decisionwas based on the fact that it didn't really matter what he was sitting on. Could be a fence ,a hill, a roof etc.

The word mark will be similar in size and location. There were parts of ND that I really liked so I wanted to keep those alive where I could. This was especially true for the wordmark. I havnt started working on the jerseys yet so anything could change but they are 100% complete in my head :)

Archived