2013 NCFA Media Guide

drdougfresh

Figured I would share this here as well, since I don't know how often a lot of members venture into the fantasy sections.

This is a media guide that I composed with the help of scottysprings and TheOneAndOnlyMau primarily, but really, it's the work of the entire league. This book features a lot of artwork from our very own members here, so I figured it would be cool to share with the concepts section. We started this in December of last year, immediately after the college football season ended, and just wrapped it up last month. We also got some printed for people who wanted them, and it was really cool to see that. Overall, it's like one big concept that has involved plenty of members here over time, and it was an honor to work on this bad boy.

Here's some pretty shots of it. Link to the full thing after!

Book-Shot-1.jpg

Book-Shot-2.jpg

Book-Shot-3.jpg

Book-Shot-4.jpg

Book-Shot-5.jpg

Book-Shot-6.jpg

Can't even fathom how much work went into this. As always your stuff is top notch Doug. Enjoyed very much flipping through that. You can be sure that this is the most complete fantasy football league around, probably ever.

Guest darkpiranha

GotPixels, I was actually about to suggest that you do something like this with the various projects you've done... and lo and behold, here's the gauntlet being thrown down.

And really, the gauntlet is thrown down for everyone here. Yeah it's nice that you've made your 80 teams in your pretend league, and you have amazing logos and unis, and cool histories... but have you created a media guide yet? No? Then don't waste any more of my time.

GotPixels, I was actually about to suggest that you do something like this with the various projects you've done... and lo and behold, here's the gauntlet being thrown down.

And really, the gauntlet is thrown down for everyone here. Yeah it's nice that you've made your 80 teams in your pretend league, and you have amazing logos and unis, and cool histories... but have you created a media guide yet? No? Then don't waste any more of my time.

:P

I'm sure Doug did this, like yesterday. I'm inspired, but I have welding to do.

Again, beautiful work.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Guest darkpiranha

And looking at the 2012 NCFA media guide, it's all different teams! What's up with that? How many leagues are you doing??

Guest darkpiranha

So that's your Division 1-AA fantasy college league? Wow. That's dedication to imaginary sports.

Guest darkpiranha

It's a light-hearted jab at worst. I just "retired" from fantasy sports after 25 years. I love it almost more than the sports themselves. But the fact remains that we are expending enormous amounts of time and energy and passion on imaginary leagues and teams. It's ridiculous that we are so passionate about it. But it's also 1000 kinds of awesome. But still ridiculous. This past fantasy football season, I announced before the year began that this would be my last season. I did it with a press release with my team logo on the letterhead. As part of my farewell tour, I created a different helmet and jersey combo for every week of the season, and sent out press releases to the rest of the league every week that had breakdowns of what the unique elements that week represented. I won my championship and won the week 17 exhibition game against the champion of a sister league, so I got to/had to come up with 17 different combos. Sometimes it was more work than my actual work! But I was dedicated to getting it done.

THAT is ridiculous, pointless effort expended on something that isn't real, doesn't matter (except for the prize money), and that no one outside of our league cared about one iota. When one rival owner shook his head at my dedication around week 14, I just told him, "I take my pretend football very seriously."

As ridiculous as my efforts were this past season, I have to take a step back and marvel and do the slow clap when I see things like this media guide. It's times like these that I realize that I'm only playing around at imaginary football. When the line between real and imaginary is erased as brilliantly as this, I gotta give props.

Cheers for all the kind words, guys! It was a blast to work on, and Scott and Chris were truly excellent to work with. Keep an eye out next year, I'm always looking for ways to get more people involved.

Archived