NHL Metropolitan Division

JCRGraphix

I think it's inevitable that QC will get a team at some point in the foreseeable future, it's just a matter of when. And when it does happen, someone's gonna have to go back West. As much as I'd like to see Seattle get a team, I don't know how realistic it is- yet anyways. Will it be both Detroit and Columbus so that no favoritism is played?

sig.png

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Red Wings have been demanding a replacement for Joe Lewis Arena.

Already approved and ready to go. $650 million to replace a building that doesn't crucially need replacing in a bankrupt, poverty-stricken city where 1/3 of the ambulances work, 100,000 abandoned buildings and the emergency response time is 58 minutes. Solid plan.

Detroit is an embarrassment to this country.

The Red Wings have been demanding a replacement for Joe Lewis Arena.

Already approved and ready to go. $650 million to replace a building that doesn't crucially need replacing in a bankrupt, poverty-stricken city where 1/3 of the ambulances work, 100,000 abandoned buildings and the emergency response time is 58 minutes. Solid plan.

I...um...um...how precisely does the NHL keep finding these municipalities that are run by imbeciles?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's not just Detroit - the state of Michigan has been doing its best to run the place into the ground as well. There's plenty of stink to spread around.

True that. I grew up in Michigan, and it's just sad there. I'm currently living in Huntsville, Alabama where the economy is actually decent, but we're actually doing all the paperwork and whatnot to emigrate to Canada.

Imbeciles must have an annual convention.

I hesitate to put this out there, but in the case of Detroit, where more than anywhere in the nation you have a donut of population around a big empty hole, there is something to be said for getting those people back into the city, if only for a sporting event. If people didn't go to Detroit for Tigers/Wings games, would they go to Detroit for anything?

True that. I grew up in Michigan, and it's just sad there. I'm currently living in Huntsville, Alabama where the economy is actually decent

Yeah, largely at the expense of Michigan. Goddamn freeloading South.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's not just Detroit - the state of Michigan has been doing its best to run the place into the ground as well. There's plenty of stink to spread around.

But those Pure Michigan radio spots are pretty good. So that's something.

They were good but they're running out of premises. I heard one where Tim Allen was seriously like "hey. Have you considered taking a day trip to Kalamazoo? It's really not that bad. It's kind of cute. There's stuff there. Next time you're wondering what to do on a Saturday, drive to Kalamazoo. It's Pure Michigan." F-ckin' I'm not going to Kalamazoo. Not even to meet a girl.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They were good but they're running out of premises. I heard one where Tim Allen was seriously like "hey. Have you considered taking a day trip to Kalamazoo? It's really not that bad. It's kind of cute. There's stuff there. Next time you're wondering what to do on a Saturday, drive to Kalamazoo. It's Pure Michigan." F-ckin' I'm not going to Kalamazoo. Not even to meet a girl.

Yeah, but Bell's Brewery is in Kalamazoo. I went there once...but I was on my way to somewhere else. So you might be right. Where I ended up was Grand Rapids, which was kind of a cool city. That's where Founders Brewing is.

Yeah, but Bell's Brewery is in Kalamazoo. I went there once...but I was on my way to somewhere else. So you might be right. Where I ended up was Grand Rapids, which was kind of a cool city. That's where Founders Brewing is.

Founders is great, and there's actually a decent live music/bar scene in Grand Rapids. I grew up in Kalamazoo, and it's on the decline as a whole, though there are parts of town that are still cool.

Just a thought - since this thread is taking a tangent to Detroit's situation - should that start its own thread? I'm going to go ahead, I think.

Archived