NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

So there's a conspiracy theory going around the internet that the NFL has already handpicked its Super Bowl champions...

...the Chargers.

conspiracy.png

I knew it!!!

I wonder why the Ravens were picked last year . . . not that I'm complaining about that.

Ray Lewis...

Makes sense. Whatever the reason . . . thanks, Roger!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, by this logic:

Saints: recovery from Hurricane Katrina

Packers: Brett had retired (finally), and Rodgers needed to step out of his shadow

Giants: so much recent playoff failure with Jets, NY football fans needed something to celebrate

Ravens: Ray Lewis & Ed Reed

Also, the reptilians run the world and the "Fail Mary"/replacement refs were a "false flag" operation meant to take our attention away from concussions. Tin foil hat brigade FTW!

Or, it could pulled from the anus, like so many other conspiracies.

So, by this logic:

Saints: recovery from Hurricane Katrina

Packers: Brett had retired (finally), and Rodgers needed to step out of his shadow

Giants: so much recent playoff failure with Jets, NY football fans needed something to celebrate

Ravens: Ray Lewis & Ed Reed

Also, the reptilians run the world and the "Fail Mary"/replacement refs were a "false flag" operation meant to take our attention away from concussions. Tin foil hat brigade FTW!

Or, it could pulled from the anus, like so many other conspiracies.

Maybe the poster is actually Alex Jones.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Is it just me or have the Panthers had next to no coverage thus far? It's been the Cinderella Chargers chances in Denver, Kaepernick's reemergence, Saints having no shot in Seattle, and Luck's Colts resuming the feud with New England.

Panthers don't really have a hot storyline right now. Maybe that works in their favor. I think there is something to be said for flying under the radar. Well, as far under the radar as a #2 seed could be right now.

The only coverage I heard of the Panthers so far seems to be almost only negative in the sense that they're quick to say they're young, unproven, first time yada yada.

While that may be true theyre the second seed for a reason.

But then again.... last time they were in (2008 if I'm not mistaken) they were the 2 seed as well and if I remember correctly that was the year the Cardinals smack em in the mouth. I think it'd be real interesting to see a Panthers/Seahawks NFC Wildcard game

TYBG

Indo get rolled up like car windows,
Avoiding the policeman them Carl Winslows

Is it just me or have the Panthers had next to no coverage thus far? It's been the Cinderella Chargers chances in Denver, Kaepernick's reemergence, Saints having no shot in Seattle, and Luck's Colts resuming the feud with New England.

Panthers don't really have a hot storyline right now. Maybe that works in their favor. I think there is something to be said for flying under the radar. Well, as far under the radar as a #2 seed could be right now.

Yeah, they had to stop talking about the Panthers because every time someone brought up "Keep Pounding" other people would make Aaron Rodgers jokes :(

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Okay, even for me, Sean Payton's latest motivational gambit is kinda out where the buses don't run. This is is the Saints' practice field at their facility outside New Orleans:

Saints-Seahawks.practice.426.png

They put one on the indoor field too. And you know what? If it puts a little extra chip on their shoulders by reminding them of that beast mode game and/or the beatdown they got a couple of weeks ago, I'm all for it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yeah, they had to stop talking about the Panthers because every time someone brought up "Keep Pounding" other people would make Aaron Rodgers jokes :(
Why would they make...oh.

That's just in bad taste.

BTW, the weather Saturday in Seattle will be a much bigger test for NO than it was in Philly. Temps in the 40s but the rain chances are 100% and they're forecasting sustained winds at 24 mph with gusts to over 50 mph possible.

BTW, the weather Saturday in Seattle will be a much bigger test for NO than it was in Philly. Temps in the 40s but the rain chances are 100% and they're forecasting sustained winds at 24 mph with gusts to over 50 mph possible.

In other words a typical Saturday in Seattle

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Schudel_Jeff_web_normal.jpg

Jeff Schudel @jsbrownsinsider

My first reaction after 10 minutes with Chip Kelly is the #Browns are better off with Rob Chudzinski.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Question for SeaDragon or anyone else familiar with CenturyLink in Seattle: how much does the wind get into the stadium? It's aligned north-south and tomorrow the wind is forecast to be 27 mph from the SSW. But the design of the stadium makes me wonder how much the wind gets in there. Any insight?

I'm not knocking San Diego. They are a great team. Rivers (although he has a big mouth) is a great Quarterback. I would rather have him than Dalton anyday. Mathews and Woodhead are great RBs, and Keenan Allen will be a top 5 Receiver in the NFL for a long time if he stays on track.

But, they are playing the Broncos. Yes, the Chargers won the last time they played in Denver. But, as everyone knows it's Peyton Manning. The guy is the legend of our time. There hasn't been a QB like this in the game since Montana.

But Manning has been average in the playoffs.

And an awesome choke artist...

The Chargers will win because nobody's giving them a chance (I don't blame you, they shouldn't) and Manning is playing an outdoor playoff game, far from the heated Dome in Indy. The Chargers looked pretty good in the cold last week, so I won't be surprised to see the Chargers win.

Sometimes pure logic just fails in life.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

It wasn't cold in Cincinnati last week. Kickoff was 43 degrees which is nothing. It didn't start raining until right after the Chargers took the lead in the third quarter because of course it did.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived