Super League Hockey---- Millionaires and Governors

kevsim1

Here are my thoughts on the whole league so far:

Jacksonville Inferno - The J fire hydrant looks a little strange to me. Maybe you could change it to an I for Inferno. I like the jerseys except for the number font.

Halifax Titanic - I really dislike the use of the flags. I think it clutters up the logo and jersey. Maybe you could replace the T in the logo with a red, white, and/or black H. I think you can create a really strong identity with just red, white, and black. Maybe for the stripes you can put a thin black stripe around the white stripes to mimic the logo.

Los Angeles Blockbusters - It's an interesting name for a team. I guess it works, though. The logo is great and the uniforms are good.

Espions de Montreal - I like the logo. The jerseys are OK.

New York Empire - I'm not a big fan of the logo. The Empire State Building and the NYC get crammed into the middle, and then there's a lot of empty space on the sides of the apple. I don't know what to think of the jerseys.

Chicago Red Birds - The logo looks too much like clip-art. The jerseys are good, but I'd be interested to see a little more yellow incorporated.

Toronto Towers - I think the logo needs the CN tower. Also, the big T sort of sticks out like a sore thumb. The jerseys are awesome, but maybe you could experiment with putting the CN tower where the big T is on the front of the jersey.

Thunder Bay Superiors - The font looks like something you'd see on a t-shirt. Try finding a cleaner font. Also, the bear's eyes look strange. The jerseys are good.

Calgary Scouts - The logo is good. The jerseys are awesome, especially with the wordmark across the sash on the front.

Vancouver Millionaires - The logo is OK.

Washington - The logo looks good, but you could experiment with extending the Washington Mounument to the base of the circle.

Las Vegas Neon - The logo is OK, but the "LV" and the dice seem a little bit unnecessary. The jerseys are good, but try playing a little with the colors to make them a little more neon.

Arizona Spikes - It looks like the cactus is waving at me. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Also, why are there spikes on only one side? The jerseys are great.

Boston is good. The only think I'd suggest would be to decrease the number of little segments of the rope.

Ottawa - I like the jerseys and logo. What are the things jutting out from the side of the building, though?

Winnipeg - I like the logo, but you could experiment with adding a trunk and extending it to the base of the oval. I like the logo with the W except for the fact that it creates an strange-looking upside-down pine tree. The jerseys are good, but there's not a whole lot of contrast between the colors.

Keep up the good work, and feel free to ignore any of the advice you disagree with.

Hi Eagle! Thanks for the C+C. I'll work on some of those. I took your advice on my next jersey, the Washington power. I agree that I maybe made the Monument look a bit small, so I made it almost as big as the circle. I will load the jersey and logo in just a second. Thanks for the C+C, you no doubt know what you're talking about! I agree with most of those.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The year is 2020. Everyone knows that the Canucks changed their colors back to yellow, black and red back in 2018. The Jacksonville Inferno entered, after the Jaguars were relocated to LA in 2015. Some notable NHL players have even moved to the SLH, as the 2 leagues' quality are fairly similar.

Yup. So I guess it's the road jersey phase now, unless anyone else has any C+C. Many of the jerseys will be very similar, just white instead of the color. And 1 quick question, do you think yellow road would be ok for Boston? Or would that be too confusing in, say, Calgary.

Archived