Super League Hockey---- Millionaires and Governors

kevsim1

Well, on my camping trip, I made a whole history of the league. I wasn't going to release any of that yet, but I can say that the franchise was made up of 4 teams scattered across the province of Quebec. I can tell you how I think this thread is going to progress if you want.

Please do.

Ok. So I'm going to finish the home jersey stage, then the road. I might throw in some alternate jerseys and/or logos if I feel that I can go for a full 48 jersey slate. Then, team by team, I'll show each team's identity, and I'll ask you guys for any modifications to anything that you would suggest. Then we go onto the history phase. How the league started, different franchises throughout the years, and champions and runners up year by year. I'm not quite sure if I'll go this far, but I might even simulate a season. 70 games it would be, and I would release 2 matchday results each day that I can.

I think the scouts should use the main logo as the crest rather than a bunch of little one it looks weird.

That is what I'm thinking for the road, but I was trying to make the logos badges on the sash. You're somewhat familiar with boy scouts, correct?

Yeah but it looks really funny on a jersey.

NEWSGG copy.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, on my camping trip, I made a whole history of the league. I wasn't going to release any of that yet, but I can say that the franchise was made up of 4 teams scattered across the province of Quebec. I can tell you how I think this thread is going to progress if you want.

Please do.

Ok. So I'm going to finish the home jersey stage, then the road. I might throw in some alternate jerseys and/or logos if I feel that I can go for a full 48 jersey slate. Then, team by team, I'll show each team's identity, and I'll ask you guys for any modifications to anything that you would suggest. Then we go onto the history phase. How the league started, different franchises throughout the years, and champions and runners up year by year. I'm not quite sure if I'll go this far, but I might even simulate a season. 70 games it would be, and I would release 2 matchday results each day that I can.

I think the scouts should use the main logo as the crest rather than a bunch of little one it looks weird.

That is what I'm thinking for the road, but I was trying to make the logos badges on the sash. You're somewhat familiar with boy scouts, correct?

Yeah but it looks really funny on a jersey.

I hear ya. Anyone else?

Going back to Calgary, what do you think about maybe writing Calgary or Scouts across the sash. The letters can maybe be made to look like badges, hopefully it wont take on a letterman feel.

Try maybe putting the logo over the right breast. Where the breast pocket would be on a scout uniform.

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

Going back to Calgary, what do you think about maybe writing Calgary or Scouts across the sash. The letters can maybe be made to look like badges, hopefully it wont take on a letterman feel.

Try maybe putting the logo over the right breast. Where the breast pocket would be on a scout uniform.

That's a great Idea! I knew I had to put the logo on there somewhere. Fonts?

I like the Scouts uniforms better with the letters. I still think you need to do something to fill in some open space. Just an opinion of preference.

Suggestions?

Cant really say. Honestly I think I may be wrong, the more I look at it the more I think it is good as is. The Captain patch really helps, but of course not all players would be wearing this.

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

I like the Scouts uniforms better with the letters. I still think you need to do something to fill in some open space. Just an opinion of preference.

Suggestions?

Cant really say. Honestly I think I may be wrong, the more I look at it the more I think it is good as is. The Captain patch really helps, but of course not all players would be wearing this.

I guess we'll leave it, and then when we get to the refining stage, we might have some ideas by then. NY might be up but tonight

The recent ones are all awesome. One thing that would be fun but a tiny change would be if you made the sweater laces on the scout's jersey blue and white striped to match the scout necktie things.

The scarf changes color for each scout...group. The colors vary from anything and everything, color and design-wise. I remember that my group's back in the day, was solid orange, with 1 solid blue stripe through the middle. So it wouldn't really be relevant, but I could try something, i guess.

I think the apple shoulder logo would have a hard time standing out on the red jersey without a bold outline

I'll try, but it won't be clean...

Here are my thoughts on the whole league so far:

Jacksonville Inferno - The J fire hydrant looks a little strange to me. Maybe you could change it to an I for Inferno. I like the jerseys except for the number font.

Halifax Titanic - I really dislike the use of the flags. I think it clutters up the logo and jersey. Maybe you could replace the T in the logo with a red, white, and/or black H. I think you can create a really strong identity with just red, white, and black. Maybe for the stripes you can put a thin black stripe around the white stripes to mimic the logo.

Los Angeles Blockbusters - It's an interesting name for a team. I guess it works, though. The logo is great and the uniforms are good.

Espions de Montreal - I like the logo. The jerseys are OK.

New York Empire - I'm not a big fan of the logo. The Empire State Building and the NYC get crammed into the middle, and then there's a lot of empty space on the sides of the apple. I don't know what to think of the jerseys.

Chicago Red Birds - The logo looks too much like clip-art. The jerseys are good, but I'd be interested to see a little more yellow incorporated.

Toronto Towers - I think the logo needs the CN tower. Also, the big T sort of sticks out like a sore thumb. The jerseys are awesome, but maybe you could experiment with putting the CN tower where the big T is on the front of the jersey.

Thunder Bay Superiors - The font looks like something you'd see on a t-shirt. Try finding a cleaner font. Also, the bear's eyes look strange. The jerseys are good.

Calgary Scouts - The logo is good. The jerseys are awesome, especially with the wordmark across the sash on the front.

Vancouver Millionaires - The logo is OK.

Washington - The logo looks good, but you could experiment with extending the Washington Mounument to the base of the circle.

Las Vegas Neon - The logo is OK, but the "LV" and the dice seem a little bit unnecessary. The jerseys are good, but try playing a little with the colors to make them a little more neon.

Arizona Spikes - It looks like the cactus is waving at me. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Also, why are there spikes on only one side? The jerseys are great.

Boston is good. The only think I'd suggest would be to decrease the number of little segments of the rope.

Ottawa - I like the jerseys and logo. What are the things jutting out from the side of the building, though?

Winnipeg - I like the logo, but you could experiment with adding a trunk and extending it to the base of the oval. I like the logo with the W except for the fact that it creates an strange-looking upside-down pine tree. The jerseys are good, but there's not a whole lot of contrast between the colors.

Keep up the good work, and feel free to ignore any of the advice you disagree with.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Archived