Super League Hockey---- Millionaires and Governors

kevsim1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened I cant see the images for the Chicago or the division logos.

I do like the format. Looking forward to the mock season.

I can't see the diivision either but I can see Chicago. I'll figure it out.

Can't seem to upload the divisions.. just turn into a grey picture. Anyways... I'm a mess. I know I said that I'm going to do the histories first, but I think that I'm going to release the histories and matchdays simultaneously. Note that the schedule won't make sense. A team could be in LA one day, go to Montreal and then come back to Las Vegas. So here are the first 2 matchdays!

Matchday1_zpsac865d8f.png

Matchday2_zps22c3ed73.png

As you can see, i put the home jersey on the home team and road on the road. How often should I show standings?

Personally I think you should post the standings at the end of any groups you put together. What I mean is for instance today you posted two matchdays, at the end of this group I think you should post standings. I hope that makes sense. This makes it easy for people to just scan and see what the standings are.

Go Blockbusters. 2&0

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

Personally I think you should post the standings at the end of any groups you put together. What I mean is for instance today you posted two matchdays, at the end of this group I think you should post standings. I hope that makes sense. This makes it easy for people to just scan and see what the standings are.

Go Blockbusters. 2&0

Sounds good. It should be up soon. Anyone else have a certain team they're rooting for?

Go Blockbusters. 2&0

Sounds good. It should be up soon. Anyone else have a certain team they're rooting for?

Redbirds and Spikes

Here are the standings after 2 matchdays! No one wants to know the schedule (not the schedule, but how often teams play each other), do they? Or for that matter, how the playoffs work? If anyone wants to know the format, just ask.

Standings2_zps8ce38ffb.png

Spoiler Alert! I can tell you that last year's champion is in the basement of their division.

Whats the schedule, how do the playoffs work and can you tell us much about how you are running your simulations?

70 games for each team.

-12 vs same division, same country (12x1=12)

-8 vs same division, different country (8x2=16)

-6 vs same conference(outside division), same country (6x2=12)

-5 vs same conference(outside division), different country (5x2=10)

-3 vs different division, same country (3x4=12)

-2 vs different division, different country (2x4=8)

Playoffs: I know tHE NHL's old system got a lot of scrutiny from a lot of people, where the top seed in each division was awarded a top 3 seed in the playoffs. The Florida Panthers were one that just sent the complaining over the top, as a team that would otherwise finnish 7th, grabbed the 3rd seed, while teams below them had over 20 points more than them. Well, if you were one of these people, you might no like this very much. In the SLH, the top seed in each division gets a bye in round one. The 2 teams with the least points in each conference are eliminated, no matter their division (ie. 2 teams from pacific going through, 4 teams from midwest if 2 pacific teams are worst in the conference.). This means that in the first round, we're left with 4 teams in each conference, as 2 from each conference have byes, and 2 from each conference are eliminated. The top seed is paired with the bottom seed (1vs4 2vs3) in a best of 7 series. As you can see, the division title is extremely important, as you could have as many as 7 less games played as your second round opponent. The winners of the 2 first round games (in each conference) go onto the second round, where the division winners come into play. The winner of the 1vs4 match plays the lower seeded division winner, and the 2vs3 game winner plays the higher seeded division winner. This is a 7 game series. Now this, is where the big difference from any of the big 4 sports formats come into play. Unlike any of those sports, there must be a east vs west or AL vs NL or AFC vs NFC championship series/game. The 4 teams remaining (in total) are seeded in within their conference ( east team with most points of 2 ranked E1.). E1 will play W2 in a mini 3 game series, while E2 will play W1 in a mini 3 game series. The teams will go into a MJTMBC style bracket. The 2 winners play each other in a mini 3 game series(non-elimination), and the 2 losers play each other in a mini 3 game series(elimination). In the winners series, the winner of that 3 gamer will advance to the Championship final. The loser of the winners game will face the winner of the losers game (again 3 games) to determine who will be the 2nd team to punch their ticket to the Championship final. The loser of the loser game... the journey ends here. One that 3 game series is determined between teh winner game loser and loser game winner, we have our Championship final, a 7 game series for the trophy. As you can tell, it is possible for 2 east teams, or 2 west teams to make it to the championship final. I sure hope that made sense. You guys following?

SURPRISE! I've been working on this for a while now. Go ahead, try to find any differences between this and the normal NHL page or whatever.

SLH_zps493aa1cb.png

Hope you like it! The only things I changed was the years of existence (got rid of 'em) and I centred the title.

Archived