McGrady to the Rockets?

vicfurth

A trade is in the works for Orlando to trade Tracy McGrady to the Rockets for Steve Francis. Francis doesn't want to go to the Magic. Coupla questions...

1) Who is this deal good for?

2) If it goes down, are the Rockets looking to build a franchise similar to the Lakers (they already have Yao and possibly McGrady, who, IMO, is better than Kobe Bryant).

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The deal is better for the Rockets. The only question is McGrady's health, he seems to have nagging back problems.

If Francis goes I suspect Mobley won't be far behind.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

I think that depends on who is a better ball handeler. IMO Francis is.

The running joke here is at least Francis takes his own shot when he dribbles the clock away.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Actually... the trade in question is Tracy McGrady for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, and Kelvin Cato.

Both teams get the better end of that. If that's possible. lol.

Steve Francis is good, but he carries baggage. He led the league in technical fouls.

With McGrady, the Rockets would then have a Tracy McGrady/Yao Ming situation which could prove lethal in the playoffs.

A bigger rumor than this is...

T-Mac and Shaq would like to play together in Dallas. That would mean the Mavericks giving up alot of talent -- but that would be Kobe/Shaq version 2. The Possibility of Championships included.

IUe6Hvh.png

So where are you guy's getting these "rumors"?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

So where are you guy's getting these "rumors"?

I just saw Stephen A. Smith on Sportscenter as well as PTI. Also, I check out realgm.com during the offseason. It's probably the best sports website I've ever seen in terms of what's going on in the offseason.

IUe6Hvh.png

Actually... the trade in question is Tracy McGrady for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, and Kelvin Cato.

Both teams get the better end of that. If that's possible. lol.

Steve Francis is good, but he carries baggage. He led the league in technical fouls.

With McGrady, the Rockets would then have a Tracy McGrady/Yao Ming situation which could prove lethal in the playoffs.

T-Mac and Shaq would like to play together in Dallas. That would mean the Mavericks giving up alot of talent -- but that would be Kobe/Shaq version 2. The Possibility of Championships included.

The Rockets/Magic deal seems more logical. As for the Dallas/Shaq/TMac rumor I doubt it they would have to give up Dirk, Nash, Finley, all of the players that have made the Mavs good again. Very Unlikely.

Both teams get the better end of that.  If that's possible.  lol.

Steve Francis is good, but he carries baggage.  He led the league in technical fouls.

T-Mac and Shaq would like to play together in Dallas.  That would mean the Mavericks giving up alot of talent -- but that would be Kobe/Shaq version 2.  The Possibility of Championships included.

The Rockets/Magic deal seems more logical. As for the Dallas/Shaq/TMac rumor I doubt it they would have to give up Dirk, Nash, Finley, all of the players that have made the Mavs good again. Very Unlikely.

then again mark cuban still owns the team.... ^_^

McGrady to the Rockets for Francis to Magic. Followed up by Francis to the Sixers for Iverson to the Magic. THE BIGGEST TRADE IN NBA HISTORY?? :therock:

At least until the Big Man is dealt out of LA!

On paper it makes sense with other names thrown into the mix, but in reality with egos involved I doubt this will ever go down.

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

Oh YEAH! Well, I've heard that McGrady goes to Houston, Francis goes to Orlando, then he goes to Philly for Iverson, then Iverson goes to Indiana for Artest and Miller, then they get sent to Dallas for Nowitski, then Artest and Miller go for Shaq.

:D

Oh YEAH! Well, I've heard that McGrady goes to Houston, Francis goes to Orlando, then he goes to Philly for Iverson, then Iverson goes to Indiana for Artest and Miller, then they get sent to Dallas for Nowitski, then Artest and Miller go for Shaq.

huh?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

ok :D

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

So you're telling me a player should have NO input on where he chooses to play and live? That's crap. If Steve Francis doesn't want to go to Orlando, no matter what the reasons, he shouldn't have to. This is where HE chooses to live. That's like someone's boss walking up to them and saying "I'm sorry, you've been traded to the store in Akron for one of their new employees, an attractive secretary, and a box of paper clips."

IUe6Hvh.png

Your damn right some players should have that right after they have proven themselves, Francis has not he has made the playoffs once in his career. Francis started when he was drafted and now. They are Millionaires they will still get paid so he shoudl just go to Orlando and deal with it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The players chose to become basketball players... noone told them they had to.

That comes with the job, transfering. Look at army families, they pack up and move all over the country all the time... do they moan about it? Hell no, and they're not making millions.

Francis is terrible for this, he helped kill the Vancouver Grizzlies, and he's proud of it, he POUTED after he was drafted, and refused to play for the team, I am hoping he gets traded to Orlando so he can get exactly what he deserves.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived