Amsterdam United

DomTheAthlete29

I really find it an improvement, a lot more interesting than a circle crest. Is there any significance to the three crosses?

But I think that, if I'm not mistaken by this, that since your team is the only Dutch team in that league orange would also work well and give a unique look to this. But it looks awesome as it is right now.

I really find it an improvement, a lot more interesting than a circle crest. Is there any significance to the three crosses?

But I think that, if I'm not mistaken by this, that since your team is the only Dutch team in that league orange would also work well and give a unique look to this. But it looks awesome as it is right now.

The crosses & colors come from the Amsterdam flag. But orange will be used in a third kit!

I like the change in that the old crest evoked images of Holland, but not necessarily Amsterdam, while the new crest is very Amsterdam. (I traveled there while I was studying abroad, and the three Xs are everywhere from lamp posts to manhole covers.)

I'm not so sure about the lions though. The illustration style just seems off to me. I think it's too much detail. It might be strong enough with just the shield.

That old crest is still a thing of beauty though.

As mbannon92 says, the new crest is more 'Amsterdam' than the original, which looked more 'generic Dutch' - no bad thing at all.

However, at the moment the lions don't look quite right to me. They're overlaid on the shield rather than looking like they're supporting it - the shield should be the key part of a crest but the lions look as if they have greater importance.

I like the more heraldic approach and as mentioned above me, it does seem more Amsterdam than a generalisation of Holland/The Netherlands.

To add to what Jaffa has commented on, in general I find that either the Lions will be inside the shield, or are holding up a shield much smaller than themselves. A quick google search of "football crest" will explain what I am trying to say.

Perhaps you could try having the plain shield supported by the Lions either side and have a motto banner underneath with the name? Similar to this style:

370141d1374528119-anyone-want-custom-kit

That may become very English though.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived