Top 3/Bottom 3 NCAA Division I logos

LAWeaver

This seems to be the trend over here in the sports logos forum. Only here, there is more variety.

1. Ohio Bobcats

2. Florida State Seminoles- would be #1 if it were based off a real Seminole. Rumor is that it was based off a professor at the school

3. Texas Longhorns - Simple, yet effective

Honorable mentions: Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville

Bottom three:
1. Georgia Bulldogs- make the G as an alternate, make the new dog the primary, then we'll talk

2. Virginia Tech Hokies- the VT not enough

3. Wake Forest Deacons- whether it's the WF or the Disney guy, they aren't getting it done

Feel free to post your Top/Bottom 3 below

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Top 3

dqgn58lf6tk45hwges1g3h5xg.gif

s02s02tzr1vmn846nu05l8tjj.gif

9r1q0dwy7wdjqae9nn8ghwtu8.gif

Honourable Mentions:
x17r48dtcnhsyveh1iyf7rzqc.gifw7n08iftauae3h6rhueh.gif150px-Florida_Gators_logo.svg.png

Bottom 3:

4670.gif

2889.gif

f0escusps8d57q2gf0bpy1otm.gif

Honourable mention:

2508.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This seems to be the trend over here in the sports logos forum. Only here, there is more variety.

1. Ohio Bobcats

2. Florida State Seminoles- would be #1 if it were based off a real Seminole. Rumor is that it was based off a professor at the school

Bottom three:

1. Georgia Bulldogs- make the G as an alternate, make the new dog the primary, then we'll talk

3. Wake Forest Deacons- whether it's the WF or the Disney guy, they aren't getting it done

How in the world do you have florida state in your top 3, and virginia tech in your bottom 3.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

1. Ohio Bobcats

Bottom three:

How in the world do you have florida state in your top 3, and virginia tech in your bottom 3.

...And he has the awful OhioU Bobcat at #1, yet gives no reason. So I'd assume it's a pointless homer pick.

Top 3:

1. 6fzn6ljfgggzo8dmp09y.gif

2. s02s02tzr1vmn846nu05l8tjj.gif

3. 74350952001.gif

Bottom 3:

1. 6867.gif

2. smgecw5seeb2a282cs79z64oo.gif

3. 62854732004.gif

Using a disgusting "spot" guy as your mascot is just in poor taste. There should be complains about both schools using a matador as a mascot, especially if people want to complain about Native American names. Bull fighting is just animal abuse, and I'm not some PETA guy or anything. It's just sick.

2ly2w09.jpg

There's no way I could pick a favorite FBS logo, since oftentimes a single logo is part of an overall logo package, otherwise known as an identity system, which is how I view things at the college level. Many great ones have come out over the years, and I'm sure better ones are still to come.

All that said, there's one that, from the moment it came out, slowly but surely crept its way up to its current perch atop my list. And that package is...

cyclone4_zps740cea90.jpg

cyclone1_zps1b5f2455.gif

cyclone3_zpscf16e5ce.jpg

Setting aside the fact that cardinal and [gold] has long been one of my favorite color combos, this one manages to effectively integrate a darker red--which isn't easy to do. Each mark is strong enough to stand on its own, but as a whole they become even stronger. It has enough unique characteristics to be easily recognizable on sight, and plus, the whole package is just so eye-catching. Folk up in Ames, and even down here in Des Moines, caught onto this one real quick. Safe to say, this package should be sticking around for a very long time.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived