Denver Broncos uniform question

roxfan00

I'm guessing they wore these uniforms just for pre-season back in the 60's?

8253886834_c2f486829b_o.png

Also the orange helmet with Bronco..sporting the brown pants also for preseason game?

8185394554_633cebd78b_o.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The 1960 road tops and brown pants with the orange helmet, just a strange combo to see...even if it was a pre-season game.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

did the AFL ever have scrimmages? I wonder if the picture against San Diego was a scrimmages that might explain the strange combo

Another pic from that same game it seems..

dark-horse-2-400x324.jpg

The Broncos played the Chargers on the road in the preseason in 1962 and 1964. Because there is a white bronco logo in the pic from the original post, I'm guessing that one is from '64. The more recent dark pants photo posted here shows the dark (blue) helmet logo, so I would guess that's from '62...

These pics certainly raise a lot of questions, though. The pants don't seem to have the mustard stripes on them -- seems like it would have been quite a pain to strip them off. And they were already "used" when the Broncos got them in 1960, so they would have been pretty beaten up by '64... The white socks were never, to my knowledge, used at any time other than in these preseason games, which is a bit odd. Very interesting...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if those are solid blue pants, not brown.

With solid blue numbering?

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if those are solid blue pants, not brown.

With solid blue numbering?

That's what I'm thinking. Since it was confirmed that the horse was actually blue, and all their brown pants had stripes on them. The same reason that the horse was blue and not brown is that they wanted to keep the brown/yellow identity behind after switching to the orange/blue, so they wouldn't mix them together.

Also if you look at the pictures, you can clearly tell the pants and numbers are kind of shiny, like a satin sheen. None of the fabric used when they wore brown was like that, it was more matte, not shiny.

Wait, was it confirmed that the horse was blue? I know blue is the only thing that makes sense, and there is one person who remembers it as blue from when he was a kid, but neither of those is actual confirmation.

It was actually confirmed by Jim Saccomano

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/saccomano-mystery-solved-horse-was-blue-in-62/

It was actually confirmed by Joe Saccomano

Is he related to Bob?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Wait, was it confirmed that the horse was blue? I know blue is the only thing that makes sense, and there is one person who remembers it as blue from when he was a kid, but neither of those is actual confirmation.

It was actually confirmed by Joe Saccomano

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/saccomano-mystery-solved-horse-was-blue-in-62/

Excellent. I'm happy for Ricko over on Uni Watch, who was trying to prove his childhood memories right for years. I was in England that month, so I missed the whole thing.

Archived