Premier League to Football Crossover - Queens Park Rangers Added Feb. 28

davidmiller5

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done for reacting positively to the critique on the Spurs concept - you have an improved concept which still very much remains your own.

Arsenal I find a little busy, with a lot going on and a lot of colours. I too find the numbers a little big for my liking. Either go red white and gold like on the helmet, or include the navy and sleeve striping from their current shirt. Incorporating both is too much in my opinion.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Well done for reacting positively to the critique on the Spurs concept - you have an improved concept which still very much remains your own.

Arsenal I find a little busy, with a lot going on and a lot of colours. I too find the numbers a little big for my liking. Either go red white and gold like on the helmet, or include the navy and sleeve striping from their current shirt. Incorporating both is too much in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. The numbers are big now that I look at them. I understand your opinion about the striping, but I don't think I am going to devote the time to rework it since I lost my original files and it would be quite annoying to try to modify.

award%20sig.png

SwanseaOverview.png

swanseajersey1.jpg

swanseajersey2.jpg?t=1381782005

swanseajersey3.jpg

I decided to add orange as an accent color since Swansea City used it in the 1960s.

Abertawe is the Welsh spelling of Swansea so I have added it as a wordmark and used it on the alternate uniform and on the football field.

I incorporated the adidas stripes on the shoulder that is ubiquitous on adidas soccer kits. The shoulder stripes are actually centered but I portrayed them all on front side of the jersey so you can see all three together.

And, yes, the alternate is chromed. I was inspired by this year's UCLA Hollywood Nights uniform. Also notice that their alternates will feature short socks rather than long socks.

award%20sig.png

Oh my. Swansea looks fantastic. That adidas striping is beautiful. I don't know about the chrome numbers on the alt, might look just as good with white numbers. But well done.

Tottenham looks great as well, nicely done with the update. But I'm not feeling Arsenal. Way too much going on, too many colors. Either gold or blue, but not both. Hell, maybe ditch them and go with black. Chelsea Blues for sure by the way. It may not roll off the tongue, but its the best option by far.

Overall though great series so far. Looking forward to the rest.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Oh my. Swansea looks fantastic. That adidas striping is beautiful. I don't know about the chrome numbers on the alt, might look just as good with white numbers. But well done.

Tottenham looks great as well, nicely done with the update. But I'm not feeling Arsenal. Way too much going on, too many colors. Either gold or blue, but not both. Hell, maybe ditch them and go with black. Chelsea Blues for sure by the way. It may not roll off the tongue, but its the best option by far.

Overall though great series so far. Looking forward to the rest.

I tried making the numbers white, but it just seemed odd with the chrome striping and decals.

After several comments about the Arsenal uniforms, I will revisit them. Don't think I will be able to get to it for the next few days, but I will put up an update when I am able.

That's a nice template for the Swans, where did you find that.

I took the template from TimEO'Brian and added the helmet (and logos) from lancealot's template. They are both in the "The .PSD Movement" thread that is pinned.

award%20sig.png

I have no issues with Swansea. You captured their identity well and worked it into Adidas striping.

AI am also not big on the chrome, but mainly cos I personally don't like chrome helmets. Your execution of it isn't bad though, you actually did a pretty good job.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Here is my update of Arsenal. I have taken the gold out of the stripes. I also matched the sleeve stripes to the others so now all striping is consistent. I also changed the last name font to match Arsenal's font and the number font.

ArsenalOverviewtake2.png

ArsenalUniformsTake2.png

Again, the red and white helmets are 1 and 1-A. They would both be worn about half of the time. The white helmet definitely go better with the alternate, but I think that both helmets work really well with both home and away uniforms.

award%20sig.png

I think your original sleeve striping was really nice and definitely fit Arsenal. If you kept that striping, but kept out the other elements it would be perfect. I would also remove the cannon logo from the fronts of the jerseys, but you could leave the script if you wanted. I think you'll have a much cleaner look.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

That's a nice template for the Swans, where did you find that.

Why are you always asking for templates, just go read through the PSD, SVG, or Paint users Paradise threads. That's where a lot of them come from.

As for Arsenal, I must say I like the original much better. The striping on the sleeves was better and screamed more "Arsenal" to me than this one does.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Next up is Hull. I doubt the reception will be very positive. I tried to figure out how extreme to make them; their soccer kits are striped so I tried to incorporate a lot of stripes into the design.

The alternate is a city pride design. It incorporates the colors and design of the city's coat of arms. The flower on the helmet and pants is taken from the flag of the ceremonial county that Kingston-upon-Hull is a part of. The city pride designs will usually not have the team colors, but I think that this is acceptable due to soccer's history of having second and third jerseys that are not at all related to the team's colors.

HullOverview.png

hulljersey1.jpg?t=1382229223

hulljersey2.jpg?t=1382315560

hulljersey3.jpg?t=1382315519

(Thanks to critelli for creating the tiger stripe brushes that I used in this design.)

award%20sig.png

Well, firstly of course I'm obliged to say 'No to Hull Tigers'. ;)

But putting our madcap real-life rebrand aside, there are some nice touches here. A few thoughts set by set...

Home

I've no issues with the tiger striping, except on the helmet. On the headwear they're running downwards rather than horizontally, which puts it at odds with what's going on on the rest of the kit. I'm not 100% convinced on the patterning on the numbers and name, either.

Away

The above comments also apply to the same features on the away kit. In addition, the tiger stripes on the sleeves look a bit odd to me on white when everywhere else they appear on an amber background. I'd suggest either dispensing with the amber on the side panels (and going for a bit of a snow tiger look) or adding it to the sleeves.

Third

No issue at all with using blue on this kit - we actually played with it as our first choice colour either side of the Second World War so history is on your side there, and blue has proved to be a popular away colour when it crops up every couple of seasons. You get a bonus point for using the Yorkshire rose the correct way around too - anywhere else in Yorkshire and you'd have it upside down with two petals at the top, but the correct style in the East Riding is to have this way. We like to do things differently here. ;)

One thing that looks a bit out though is the position of the rose on the hip - obviously you've centred it on the stripes but with their varying thickness the rose looks off centre to me.

But a good effort, with the other teams too - I'm rather liking your Swansea kits in particular.

Someone mentioned using the old Fulham badge. It's hard to find, but I have a close approximation that I made. If you want to use it, I'd be glad to send it to you.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Well, firstly of course I'm obliged to say 'No to Hull Tigers'. ;)

But putting our madcap real-life rebrand aside, there are some nice touches here. A few thoughts set by set...

Home

I've no issues with the tiger striping, except on the helmet. On the headwear they're running downwards rather than horizontally, which puts it at odds with what's going on on the rest of the kit. I'm not 100% convinced on the patterning on the numbers and name, either.

Away

The above comments also apply to the same features on the away kit. In addition, the tiger stripes on the sleeves look a bit odd to me on white when everywhere else they appear on an amber background. I'd suggest either dispensing with the amber on the side panels (and going for a bit of a snow tiger look) or adding it to the sleeves.

Third

No issue at all with using blue on this kit - we actually played with it as our first choice colour either side of the Second World War so history is on your side there, and blue has proved to be a popular away colour when it crops up every couple of seasons. You get a bonus point for using the Yorkshire rose the correct way around too - anywhere else in Yorkshire and you'd have it upside down with two petals at the top, but the correct style in the East Riding is to have this way. We like to do things differently here. ;)

One thing that looks a bit out though is the position of the rose on the hip - obviously you've centred it on the stripes but with their varying thickness the rose looks off centre to me.

But a good effort, with the other teams too - I'm rather liking your Swansea kits in particular.

Thanks so much for your detailed feedback. I am working on some updates that I will get up (hopefully before too long). I did some quick, rough options of the away uniform. Which is better, the amber sleeves or the white side stripes?

ScreenShot2013-10-22at43755PM.pngScreenShot2013-10-22at45058PM.png

I went with the amber originally to continue the pant stripe. Of course, I could give the pant stripe a white background, but it seemed odd to have two pairs of pants so similar to one another. Please help me decide what to do. (Other suggestions for the uniforms are welcome too.)

Someone mentioned using the old Fulham badge. It's hard to find, but I have a close approximation that I made. If you want to use it, I'd be glad to send it to you.

Andrew, I would love for you to send it to me. (The Badgers nickname is winning in the poll, but I would like to see it and see how I could incorporate it into their design.)

award%20sig.png

Archived