Premier League to Football Crossover - Queens Park Rangers Added Feb. 28

davidmiller5

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd add some green to the home helmet.

I'd replace most of the gold with white on the home. Use gold just in small doses. I'd say the numbers absolutely need to be white.

I'd also like to see the Hillsborough 96 logo used somewhere (maybe the back of the neck).

The alternate is too close to the home in coloring

Liverpool havent had a steady alt kit color combination like arsenal but maybe you could use their late 70's early 80's yellow change kit colors as inspiration? or even their green and black ones

Thanks for the feedback. I will experiment with your suggestions.

The alternate is meant to be a Pro Combat style uniform. For example, Ohio St. have a special uniform that they have worn this year that is fairly similar to their normal home uniforms. This is what I was trying to accomplish instead of going with an alternate color. That being said, I will experiment with alternate colors.

award%20sig.png

Here is my Liverpool update from the feedback I received.

LiverpoolOverviewupdate.png

liverpoolhomejerseyredo.jpg

liverpoolawayjerseyredo.jpg

liverpoolaltjerseyredo.jpg

As you can see, I added a bit of green to the helmet, jersey, and pants. I'm not sure whether or not it is an improvement. Let me know what you think.

I changed the numbers on the home jersey to white to make them stand out more. Since I did that, I thought I would change the liver bird on the helmet to white to better match both home and away jerseys.

I created a patch for the Hillsborough 96 and put it below the collar on all three jerseys.

I experimented with alternate colors for the third jersey, but it just seemed odd for a team called the Reds to have a yellow or green uniform, so I left it unchanged except for the patch.

I would appreciate some feedback about whether or not these changes are improvements.

award%20sig.png

Ok, I think that these uniforms are just about set; the only thing I'm not sure about is the thin green stripe. I have also gotten conflicting feedback about it which hasn't helped. So I would love a bit more feedback: should the thin green stripes stay or go?

I have my next concept ready to go. Once this gets settled I will post it.

award%20sig.png

Ok, I think that these uniforms are just about set; the only thing I'm not sure about is the thin green stripe. I have also gotten conflicting feedback about it which hasn't helped. So I would love a bit more feedback: should the thin green stripes stay or go?

I have my next concept ready to go. Once this gets settled I will post it.

They should go.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

ManCityOverview.png

mchomeuni.jpg

mcawayuni.jpg

mcaltuni.jpg

I edited the main logo to include the team name. I also used only their blue(s) and white on the shield since those are their main colors. I was going to get rid of the stars above the eagle; but since the stars seem to be only ornamental, I decided to leave them.

I used the font that is very similar to Etihad Airways font. I decided that when Abu Dhabi Group bought Man City, they would update the logo, wordmarks, and uniforms with this new font.

I put their "Manchester" wordmark across both home and away jerseys to strongly associate them with Manchester (since Man U. resides in Old Trafford and not Manchester proper). The jersey striping is taken from this year's third jersey. I didn't give the helmet that stripe because I think unbalanced stripes would look very odd on a helmet. The words on the rear helmet bumper are their motto: Superbia in Proelio (Pride in Battle).

Their alternate uniforms are fauxbacks based on their original uniforms when they were called St. Marks. These jerseys are based on their 1884 uniforms.

award%20sig.png

Man City is crisp, clean, perfect! It's just a shame you haven't had too many designers or even people in general come on and comment on this thread. Your concepts are definitely top notch, you're really just not getting much C&C and love that you honestly deserve.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Liverpool - your last concept is by far the best. Green never finds it way onto their home shirts other than in the club crest so that was a good decision to leave it out.

Man City - Calling them the citizens is fine by me. It is a name often coined for them in the media etc. so although it is not their most commonly associated 'nickname' it is used. (similar to how Villa are often referred to as the Villans).

The home and away seem to be heavily inspired by this particular season's colours - which is fine - rather than a mix of their history. It is obvious enough that it is City though and the colour balance with the white and navy sort of reminds me of this kit:

$T2eC16hHJHkFFluElZPjBSG3sfGJ7g~~60_35.J

Finally, the alternate uniform is excellent. I could recognise that as Man City instantly. (Thanks to its use on FIFA video games mainly). However, you managed to use a historical look for City and translate it onto a football uniform in the same way as Adidas have with a few of their college football uniforms. Very well executed and a great idea.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Man City is crisp, clean, perfect! It's just a shame you haven't had too many designers or even people in general come on and comment on this thread. Your concepts are definitely top notch, you're really just not getting much C&C and love that you honestly deserve.

Thanks. I am still fairly new to design (and have extremely limited logo-creation abilities) but I am trying hard to pay attention to detail and do my best. Your comment is very generous.

I have been hoping for more feedback, but I'll finish the series either way.

With how prominent the Boat is used both in the crest and as the alternate logo I would have expected the name to be something like the Clippers.

I floated the idea of calling them the Voyagers or maybe the Clippers to some message boards, but those who care deeply about the EPL did not want their nickname to change to something that they are never called. The boat is taken from Manchester's coat of arms, so it is a reference to Manchester instead of the Citizens part of the name.

award%20sig.png

I think the final Liverpool set is the strongest, so good work on developing it until it was right.

The Citizens' clobber is looking good, and with the third it's definitely a case of less is more - I like it.

2. The alt jersey's numbers are a bit too round, especially when shrunken down like that.

I was going for rounded numbers, similar to what Texas is wearing on their helmets this year (in contrast to Alabama's helmets which have a straighter font). Are rounded numbers harder to distinguish from a distance?

Liverpool - your last concept is by far the best. Green never finds it way onto their home shirts other than in the club crest so that was a good decision to leave it out.

Man City - Calling them the citizens is fine by me. It is a name often coined for them in the media etc. so although it is not their most commonly associated 'nickname' it is used. (similar to how Villa are often referred to as the Villans).

The home and away seem to be heavily inspired by this particular season's colours - which is fine - rather than a mix of their history. It is obvious enough that it is City though and the colour balance with the white and navy sort of reminds me of this kit:

Finally, the alternate uniform is excellent. I could recognise that as Man City instantly. (Thanks to its use on FIFA video games mainly). However, you managed to use a historical look for City and translate it onto a football uniform in the same way as Adidas have with a few of their college football uniforms. Very well executed and a great idea.

I didn't know the maltese cross uniforms had found their way on to FIFA, but I am glad that it was recognizable. Some of the throwback jerseys Adidas has done did inspire the giant logo on the front.

Gotta admit, this is my favorite thread I have ever seen on these concept forums. Can't wait to see what you have next in store.

Thanks so much. West Ham is almost finished. I actually thought it was done but am thinking of tweaking it a bit. I should be able to post it tomorrow.

award%20sig.png

WestHamOverview.png

whhomeunicopy.jpg

westhamawayuni.jpg

whhome2unicopy.jpg?t=1384455804whaway2unicopy.jpg?t=1384456444

whaltunicopy.jpg

The first thing to mention about West Ham is their mascot name. Their most common nickname is the Hammers, but I didn't want the West Ham Hammers because the repetition sounds like stuttering. I was originally going to call them the West Ham Irons, but that sounds like they are named after what you use to get wrinkles out of your shirts. West Ham United was originally called Thames Ironworks, so I slightly modified it to Ironworkers.

West Ham has had a claret uniform with blue sleeves and white shorts since 1903 (except for a few years when they dropped the blue sleeves). I felt that I needed to mimic that, but I also designed West Ham while thinking about what I would do with Aston Villa (who also wear claret with blue sleeves and white pants) so I gave them claret pants to wear on the road. I have included monocrome combinations that could be worn infrequently.

This area of London is known for its ironworks and shipbuilding. The soccer team recognizes this in their crest (which I have used for the football team's main logo) so I turned this idea into an alternate jersey. The rivet helmet and jersey was a way to show homage to the people and heritage of West Ham. I really like how the helmet turned out. I had to tone down the texture of the jersey to make it more realistic to something that could be done with fabric.

award%20sig.png

Archived