oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - New Broncos' concepts added 10/29/19

How about pewter and black with red or orange as a tertiary color? You could do a black jolly roger and keep the pewter helmet and pants. I don't think I've seen anyone do that before, and it would be much more pirate-y. (Is that a word?)

Though would that look too much like the Raiders?

Sometimes I just get an idea and decide to chase it. I'm pretty sure that if I was given the chance to redesign the Jets, this isn't really what I'd do, but it is kinda fun.

Looks like the New York Jets re-imagined as a USFL team.

jets1_zps6674b41f.png

Sometimes I just get an idea and decide to chase it. I'm pretty sure that if I was given the chance to redesign the Jets, this isn't really what I'd do, but it is kinda fun.

jets1_zps6674b41f.png

The one thing I really dislike if this was taken seriously as a future NFL design is the Helmet. I think it's out of the question and fits like you said' a USFL design. The whole uniform in general isn't bad. At the same time I don't like the lighter shade of green. It has a little bit of 'puke' color that throws me off.

I'd say white pants should be for the home and the darker shade of green should be an alternate pant. I just don't like that lighter shade as of right now.

In all honesty, I really like that Jet logo. Center it a bit more on the helmet and make white contrails coming out instead of the green swath and you're on to something. As Mr Wonka stated, I agree that the light green isn't all that pleasant. Two greens could work, but not that one, experiment with some more pleasant shades.

I really like your concepts, man. You have some out-there ideas, but your preference for traditional designs keeps things grounded, which is how it should be. Great stuff. :)

OK, here's a pretty out-there Titans' concept. I think of this as sort of like those concept cars they showcase at the autoshow every year... you know it'll never happen, but its kinda fun to make.

(Although now that I think about it, after what Nike did with the Jags and Bucs you just never know...)

ajunk2_zpsa16adc0d.png

I love well-done gradients, and you did a nice job here. Gradients work best when the colors used are similar. That being said, the gradient jersey is a bit too much, that's more befitting of an NBA jersey, not an NFL one. A plain navy jersey with light blue/white gradient numbering and paneling might work better.

This would also be a good look for the Arizona Cardinals if you replaced the blues with reds, referencing the beautiful Arizona sunsets. It'd certainly look better than the Arizona Wildcats' gradient jerseys.

jets1_zps6674b41f.png

Again, great idea, the helmet and olive colors are the only "wild" things about this look, it's a solid look otherwise. I'm not really feeling the olive, though. This may look better in traditional Jets colors. Or, if you wanted to keep the olive, go with a white/olive/black trim color scheme.

jets1_zps6674b41f.png

Brilliant! The only thing I'd change is to make the numbers the darker shade of green on the road.

I think I like this. The trail on the plane gives it a very 70's look, which isn't a bad thing in this case. My only issue with this logo is that there's a little too much going on with the jet. Have you thought about incorporating the more minimalist jetwing-shaped swoosh on top of the 80's logo? Take that, double/mirror it, and make it your wing shapes.

I really like your concepts, man. You have some out-there ideas, but your preference for traditional designs keeps things grounded, which is how it should be. Great stuff. :)

OK, here's a pretty out-there Titans' concept. I think of this as sort of like those concept cars they showcase at the autoshow every year... you know it'll never happen, but its kinda fun to make.

(Although now that I think about it, after what Nike did with the Jags and Bucs you just never know...)

ajunk2_zpsa16adc0d.png

I love well-done gradients, and you did a nice job here. Gradients work best when the colors used are similar. That being said, the gradient jersey is a bit too much, that's more befitting of an NBA jersey, not an NFL one. A plain navy jersey with light blue/white gradient numbering and paneling might work better.

This would also be a good look for the Arizona Cardinals if you replaced the blues with reds, referencing the beautiful Arizona sunsets. It'd certainly look better than the Arizona Wildcats' gradient jerseys.

OK, lets give the cardinals a try... card1_zps6d1c8b05.png

I like the first Cardinals gradient set you posted a little more than the second one, as I feel that the gradient doesn't show up as well on the dark pants. Still, it looks really nice and still holds to tradition well (the wild striping is confined to traditional striping regions on a simple template, the gradient only shows up on the red parts of the logo, and the grey facemask remains).

The USFL Jets and redone Jets both look incredible, and I'd like to see a USFL-ified version of another team with which you can do something 80's but wild. like the Seahawks or Chiefs.

jets1_zps6674b41f.png

One thing is for sure, you concept is like the actual jersey as there are multiple variations of green used:

167510446.jpg

I'm still plugging at these Ravens' concepts. I don't know if I've ever been really happy with them. Here, I'm adding a steel blue, like the Seahawks' fromer jerseys. Why? Why not?

raven4_zps1bfd3465.png

I'm still plugging at these Ravens' concepts. I don't know if I've ever been really happy with them. Here, I'm adding a steel blue, like the Seahawks' fromer jerseys. Why? Why not?

raven4_zps1bfd3465.png

The colors are good, the jersey design and font not so much. The pants look good. Maybe you could do a design a little more similar to the pants on the jersey

raven4_zps1bfd3465.png

The colors are good, the jersey design and font not so much. The pants look good. Maybe you could do a design a little more similar to the pants on the jersey

After a second look, I have to agree. That jersey design is not one of my better efforts. Here, lets try this... a recolored and slightly reworked design I original used for a Falcons concept.

raven4_zpsf45d2b2e.png

After reading a discussion in the NFL '15 thread, I thought I'd drop another Eagle concept. There seems to be a disagreement as to whether bringing back the kelly green means the black has to go. Personally, I'd just as soon drop the black, but I don't think they have to for the kelly to work.

eag1_zps9dcc3943.png

I really like what you've done with the Eagles here. The modern-yet-restrained number font and the preservation of the asymmetrical stripes and modern logos are all nice. However, I think it could look a bit better if the numbers just had one outline instead of two, and if the kelly shade was slightly darker (like it was during the Jaworski era). Something like this maybe:

PMS_349_C_SRGB.png

While it's still kelly and can work with the black, it's dark enough to really pop against the silver.

First try at fixing the current Dolphins. I'm not a fan of the new logo, but I decided to try to work with it. My main focus was to try to bring in more orange. Also, to fix that nightmare font. I found that when I curved the random non-curved edges of the numbers, the font was very similar to the non-spiked numbers on the Vikings, so the font I'm using here is a Vikings-Fins hybrid.

dolph1_zpsd883071b.png