derschwigg

Hey guys! I don't know how many of you watch/have heard of Rooster Teeth or Achievement Hunter videos online, but recently, they started this new "show" called Go! that surprisingly inspired me.

The gist of the show is: the crew gets a prompt to do something common in a video game. The race is then on to be the first person to do said task in ANY game. For example - in this episode, the task is: do a barrel roll. A classic in-game maneuver.

So: where am I going with this? I'm suggesting that (if there's enough response) we could do something similar with logo design/concepting. The prompt/task could be a theme, a team name, a city, a specific element to be used within the logo itself. The prize would be an emblem or something you could put into your signature - more a point of pride than an actual prize. But let's say we have a solid week for each concept "task," letting as many people submit/enter as they want (limiting it to something manageable, like 2 per person) and at the end of that week, we could create a poll to let people vote on their favorites.

What do you think??

If done correctly this could be great. I would support it if it were to go ahead and probably enter a few times (although with limited expectations ha).

I know there are a few traditional contests here (although I have never been a part of them) such as the logolympiads, so would advise checking that a contest like this does not interfere with any past or planned future contests first. I would think it would be OK though.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I didn't know there were other contests/competitions on here! I used to be a big member of PhotoshopChop.com - a forum where people would Photoshop cars to make them look fully modded and what not. There were competitions/challenges/throwdowns there ALL the time, and I think it really added to the community of the forum.

I could see it working really well here.

So if you'd be interested, just holler :)

There used to be many-a concept contests on these here boards but as of late participation has not been as heavy as in past.I believe you must contact one of our moderators to run this type of contest.

Who are they now?

What STL Cards said. From the top of my head, I know Brian from Boston, Slapshot, Joshawaggie (Spell it right?) and I think Mockba are all mods.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I can moderate it, I've been watching RoosterTeeth for almost a decade now, and I can't design worth a crap so I won't be participating :lol:

Great! Thank you!!

I think the rules were pretty clear, but in case anyone's jumping in at this point, here they are:

1) Design 1 logo concept based on a given prompt.

2) The prompt will be based around any one facet of a team. That facet could be anything. City. Color. Team name. Specific animal to be incorporated (IE - A Bull in the logo, but you decide the team name like "Stampede," "Rush," or "Herd"), etc. Anything.

3) Designs are due 1 week from the initial posting - posting the concept to the thread would be ideal. ANYONE CAN ENTER, SO LONG AS THEY POST A CONCEPT.

4) A poll will be posted with the entries, and the community will vote on a winner. Winner will receive an emblem for their forum signature, and the simple pride of knowing "they done good."

Whenever you're ready, I'm ready!

I'll start the thread tomorrow, do I just say the competition is to design a logo for Achievement Hunter GO!?

Wait, so even if you haven't said 'I'm in', you can still just chose one or two that you like or have a few ideas in, and just sit out the rest?

What are you asking? I don't understand

I'll leave the challenge up to you. I was using the Achievement Hunter clip as a demonstration of how this could work - they're given a simple task to do, but how they go about completing the task is up to them, they just need to complete the "task." For a logo concept, the "task" could be "Design a logo for a team in Columbus," or "Design a logo using the color Navy Blue," or "Incorporate an animal native to Australia," something like that.

As for the thread, I'd call it "LoGo! Challenge #1" That way, if this becomes a regular thing, we can keep track of which one we're on.

kevsim, I'm ok with people submitting to the ones they'd like to do. Of course, I'd like it if people did each one - that way, they can challenge their creativity and skills in ways they otherwise might not have. But I understand if people get stumped/are away. I just wanted to make sure enough people would be interested in doing this, otherwise it'd just be a waste of time.

Archived