Resurrecting the ABA(PIT Condors Logo)FEEDBACK NEEDED

JTswag187

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U're concepts stink man american basketball association had some cool looking logos and some ugly looking logos for league that took on NBA

Can this be Post of the Day please? Please. Please!

Disregard that he used no punctuation what-so-ever, his grammar is disgusting, and I don't see a coherent thought within his post. But I think for the first time in internet history(which is really saying something), someone made a contraction of "u" and "are" to make "u're", the obvious short hand version of "you're."

This is staggering. Truly staggering.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

U're concepts stink man american basketball association had some cool looking logos and some ugly looking logos for league that took on NBA

Can this be Post of the Day please? Please. Please!

Disregard that he used no punctuation what-so-ever, his grammar is disgusting, and I don't see a coherent thought within his post. But I think for the first time in internet history(which is really saying something), someone made a contraction of "u" and "are" to make "u're", the obvious short hand version of "you're."

This is staggering. Truly staggering.

This is for you sean:

467d4e7e07c7d779744eef7c33787b8f49fe3984

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

If I may, try using a picture of a condor or other condor logos as your reference. Condors don't have long straight narrow beaks, so at first look without the word mark one can't really tell it's a condor. Good start though, keep at it. Looking forward to your revision.

Yes, I'm aware that my bird doesn't look like a condor, you see condors are quite the ugly creature so I figured it wouldn't be a problem

Roundel Update:

11970178853_ddcc01ea50_o.png

Considering the ugliness of a close up condor I'll probably do a full body and the bird head as a secondary. If you haven't noticed the pace I've been posting at has slowed down a lot. I'll try to get the logos done by Friday and then post unis during the weekend.

That's definitely an ugly bird. As someone who is also currently working on a bird logo (first attempt), I know how difficult they can be. But I think ren is right in saying that the logo should look more like a condor.

For the roundel, the text just needs tweaking to center it better within the arch and curves and it also needs some adjusting along the path. Great start though. Keep it up.

gYH2mW9.png

You're doing a great job considering the length of time you've been designing. You could also search for teams which use the same nickname, such as the Bakersfield logo above, just for some reference. Condors aren't the best looking birds about, but they can still look mean! At the moment your latest condor looks a bit like something from Angry Birds!

Good work though. The roundel looks pretty retro, which is cool. Just maybe look at the lettering, make it more centered and follow the curve of the roundel a little more closely. Otherwise, always improving, keep it up.

sigen.jpg

Okay I've finished the front view logo:

12072589634_450b77589e_o.png

Also I'm leaving this series for a week or 2 so that I can work on my other series for the Olympics

link to that is here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96865-if-football-was-in-the-olympics/

This is an improvement, for sure. It still needs work though. I found a ref image for the pose you've gone with here (it's a big image).

I think your beak needs the most help to make it look more condor like, and less cartoony.

Archived