The Ivy League Redesign

mattwillcox

I love what you did with each team. The only issue I have, is with the leaf. It doesn't scream "ivy" to me, and to me that means it doesn't scream "Ivy League" to me either. I'd love to see the other leaf designs and designs for the Ivy League logo. Go ahead and design the other teams, and then come back to the leaf. Just seeing the two team designs, I know you can design a better leaf than that, but I'm excited to see the other teams! Great job!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are both really good. I actually like that cornell is so simple. When you have a simple, straightforward logo you have to go the extra mile in execution. I think that was accomplished here. Good work.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Interesting choice with Harvard. I would have made it more traditional by simply going crimson and white, but you managed to impress. I think of Harvard being more of a traditional school. You came out with a beautiful modern set.

Dartmouth is good; no complaints there.

Cornell is also interesting b/c of the striping, but it's growing on me.

Princeton is excellent. Again, no complaints.

BTW, I love the feature on the site that shows the undershirt. Great presentation.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Great work on both!

I love that color scheme for Harvard. I've always thought that red, black/navy, and gold are great together. The uniform design is nice...it's modern but still looks like a football uniform.

Dartmouth is really nice. The updated helmet looks good, and the Vikings-esque striping pattern works well. Big fan of the number font as well.

Interesting choice with Harvard. I would have made it more traditional by simply going crimson and white, but you managed to impress. I think of Harvard being more of a traditional school. You came out with a beautiful modern set.

Harvard actually has used these colors for quite some time -- an I believe have always worn gold pants. So it did stick to tradition :)

Really like the blend of tradition and modern looks you've brought thus far...didn't know Harvard wore gold in their uni set (thanks for letting us know!)

Of course, now that you've done Harvard, you know what the next one logicallY should ALready bE...

bYhYmxh.png

Dartmouth looks great, no complains there.

I don't like the use of gold on Harvard. Harvard should just be crimson, white, and black as an accent.

Harvard currently only wears gold pants -- and has for quite some time. However, gold is non-existent on the uniforms currently. My goal was to bring some gold onto the jerseys in order to create more balance.

HarvardFootball605A.jpg

football2-350.jpg

Thanks for all the comments so far guys.

For Dartmouth I basically started with the helmet and worked from there. The current helmet is so unique that I couldn't get rid of it. I just wanted to update it a bit, similar to what I did with Princeton. The jersey and pants striping was of course tied in with the helmet. The story of the Lone Pine was the most interested that I found when researching the school and I thought it worked well with the Big Green nickname. The pine logo is a slight modification of the logo used for the school's flag. The details on the numbers are stylized in a similar way to the branches of the pine logo.

Of course, now that you've done Harvard, you know what the next one logicallY should ALready bE...

I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for You and Everybody elSe...

(I'm working on the finishing touches as we speak :D )

OK everybody the next team is posted...Yale! http://cargocollective.com/ivyleagueredesign

Now that the winter holidays are over it's a little bit trickier for Chris and I to coordinate our completion of each team. So from now on we will be posting each of the remaining teams as they are finished.

For Yale I wanted to keep it very traditional while still being interesting. My main sports interest is hockey so I decided to use a fairly old school hockey yoke style to bring a unique element to the design. The font is once again custom, though it's a very traditional block letter. The baselayer is subtly pinstriped and the Y features stitching detail to create a faux sweater look reminiscent of the class sweaters worn by Yale students. I also created a new Bulldog secondary logo.

Would love to hear some feedback from everybody. Thank you to everybody who has commented on the designs so far. :)

Archived