Chrome Logos

DaRadniz29

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to see how these 3 would come out as iPad wallpapers. So, the logo shouldn't be any larger than 750 pixels wide. And the background should be 1024x1024. Also, I would like to see them all on black backgrounds. Thanks.

fefk.png

mt1a.png

g13g.png

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So was able to get these completed, now that I know the settings. Decided to go with the more glossy/glassy effect. Though either looks awesome to me. :) Click the links for direct/full size images.

Winona State logo. Winona State iPhone Went with a gray color so it shows up as silver on the white. This is the profile pic. If you need me to resize it, let me know.

th_WinonaStateChromeGlossy_zps65204a53.pth_WinonaStateIphone2_zps6b1f7ad0.png

Colorado State Ram. Colorado State CST.

th_ColoradStateRamChromeGlossy_zps674c32th_ColoradoStateCSTChromeGlossy_zps17592

Green Bay Packers

th_PackersChrome_zps5a31f275.png

Geaux Colonels 1, Geaux Colonels 2, Geaux Colonels 3

th_GeauxColonels1_zps17ce3f61.png th_GeauxColonels2_zps132f009f.png th_GeauxColonels3_zps14019164.png

Lehigh University

th_LehighChromeGlossy_zpsaffb6dc9.png

There ya go.

Also working on a tutorial for this for gimp. Just want to add some photos to help out. Feel to keep requests coming if you'd like. In the mean time, I'm working on something that I think people will like (if you like chromified logos :))

th_ColoradStateRamChromeGlossy_zps674c32th_ColoradoStateCSTChromeGlossy_zps17592

These are great!! I would love to see the Rams use these logos for promo commercials up in Fort Collins. What you did to the ram head logo looks beyond amazing. Their hockey team could have their own chromified uniforms with it. :P

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

JJ- Thanks .Yeah the Evergreen and Gold really came out looking cool.

It's basically a combination bump mapping, adding a metallic look filter and a chrome finalization. There are a few more simple steps but those three are what creates the "shinny/glossy" effect. Change the layer mode on the top most layer to Grain Merge and shows through an merges with the color layer, and bam. A more "formal" tutorial to come soon, but that's the basics.

To those still waiting on logos - most of them are complete, just not at home right now (out working on some writing) but when I get home will get the completed ones posted.

Also, still working on that tutorial, but last night found and older "smoother" chrome (Similar to "A" in the Original Post) that I did on the 49ers oval logo that looks really cool, so I'm going to try and do that look with all the playoff teams (and then any other NFL teams). Here's the 49er's smooth chrome logo.

th_49ers2949mm_zps490d6bf3.png

Also found the St. Louis Blues logo from years back and though it would look cool chromified. So here's that as well.

th_StLouisBluesChrome_zps450333af.png

Like I said above, I want to release a tutorial on both glossy and smooth chrome - just have to figure out the steps and settings I used for the "smoother" chrome. I also got Pixelmator, and it has the magic eraser that seems to have made it easier to getting a clean transparent background.

JJ- Thanks .Yeah the Evergreen and Gold really came out looking cool.

It's basically a combination bump mapping, adding a metallic look filter and a chrome finalization. There are a few more simple steps but those three are what creates the "shinny/glossy" effect. Change the layer mode on the top most layer to Grain Merge and shows through an merges with the color layer, and bam. A more "formal" tutorial to come soon, but that's the basics.

To those still waiting on logos - most of them are complete, just not at home right now (out working on some writing) but when I get home will get the completed ones posted.

Also, still working on that tutorial, but last night found and older "smoother" chrome (Similar to "A" in the Original Post) that I did on the 49ers oval logo that looks really cool, so I'm going to try and do that look with all the playoff teams (and then any other NFL teams). Here's the 49er's smooth chrome logo.

th_49ers2949mm_zps490d6bf3.png

Also found the St. Louis Blues logo from years back and though it would look cool chromified. So here's that as well.

th_StLouisBluesChrome_zps450333af.png

Like I said above, I want to release a tutorial on both glossy and smooth chrome - just have to figure out the steps and settings I used for the "smoother" chrome. I also got Pixelmator, and it has the magic eraser that seems to have made it easier to getting a clean transparent background.

that 49ers chrome looks really nice

Could I get a few more? These are just too cool and I figured I'd use them in my signature.

2704_minnesota_vikings-primary-2013.png

x1poitlhifc8srw64hicefsh9.gif

e0z8f9w5hoe7hsm531j8g5uah.gif

rviy7fbgmhz5ht2dpgo6q0jfu.gif

7501_michigan_wolverines-primary-2012.pn

Sorry for the long post, but I hope you'll take the request. Thanks in advance!

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Yeah I'm taking requests. Just know that I'm still working out the kinks and trying to make sure the effects come out at least somewhat similar to A and/or B. Hopefully it's just a setting or two that is off.

JJ - Thanks, I'll take a look and see if that helps.

Hey dude, these are great. Those Auburn ones are fantastic and the others I've seen are too.

Can you do the Caps logo or the Nationals curly W logo too? Thx.

Archived