GotPixels

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They just don't get it and probably never will. The point is no one should really give a :censored: and it's pretty immature and annoying to play little know-it-all in someone else's thread. If you absolutely feel the need to point out a correction to feel better about yourself, do so respectfully and move on...don't push, get moody, and continue arguing the point to the point of hijacking the thread. Ruins it for everyone because you want to look smart about a subject only a few care about.

The thing is, I do "get it". I just don't agree with your view or what you're saying. However, now that I am familiar with the do’s and don’t's of the board, I will just PM the author/design next time instead of publicly – that might have been the better etiquette.

NoTurtle2_zps14ccdacb.gif

They just don't get it and probably never will. The point is no one should really give a :censored: and it's pretty immature and annoying to play little know-it-all in someone else's thread. If you absolutely feel the need to point out a correction to feel better about yourself, do so respectfully and move on...don't push, get moody, and continue arguing the point to the point of hijacking the thread. Ruins it for everyone because you want to look smart about a subject only a few care about.

The thing is, I do "get it". I just don't agree with your view or what you're saying. However, now that I am familiar with the do’s and don’t's of the board, I will just PM the author/design next time instead of publicly – that might have been the better etiquette.

Your profile pic really annoys me... just like you.

...I haven't checked this thread since Rice was debuted. What the :censored:, people? I come to these concept forums to see awesome new takes on sports and teams that are fresh and amazing to look at. GP definitely checks both of those boxes. What does some obscure fact about ANY school matter? In my opinion, if you're not contributing anything of worth to these boards, keep your nitpicking on your home side of your computer screen. Does it matter to you that Texas State was or was not DI at some given point in time? Maybe. Is it worth getting a great thread shut down because you just won't let enough alone? This was my favorite current thread, you bastards.

GP, you mentioned that you will still be completing the project for yourself. Regardless if you post the rest of the teams here or not...here are some of the old/new TXST uniforms I found for ya. These are in no particular order.

13593056264_f03780c159.jpg

13592715773_b0986f159d.jpg

13592715833_f81bfac86a.jpg

13593056624_3d6454b482.jpg

13592685115_619acae837.jpg

Hey Bobcat, what you're doing is "threadjacking." Please stop. Stop posting. Stop.

You're more than welcome to start a thread in the general sports forum, but to be completely frank, I don't want to see another post by you in this thread unless it's constructive criticism for GP'S work.

Hey Bobcat, what you're doing is "threadjacking." Please stop. Stop posting. Stop.

You're more than welcome to start a thread in the general sports forum, but to be completely frank, I don't want to see another post by you in this thread unless it's constructive criticism for GP'S work.

Gp asked for old TXST unis for his project....that's what I just did.

Refer to #297

"I will be wrapping up Rice tomorrow and moving on to Texas State. My issue is this...finding early images of Southwest Texas State and even Texas State football uniforms, helmets, etc. The program has been around a long time, just not at the D1 level.

If anyone can point me toward a source, any source, it would be great. I have a few images, but obviously I would like more to draw from.

Thanks in advance. " - GP

please just shut up... I'm ready for GotPixels decision next. Not that I have to have it right now, but I really am tired of all these other people posting, especially if they're really annoying like all these texas state fans...

To be honest, I'm just as disappointed in our own members here as I am in the relative newcomers that everyone seems to be jumping on.

Is it really that difficult to just say "Hmm, interesting. Thanks for sharing."? You don't have to be right all the time. That goes for GP and our new Texas State members (welcome, by the way, we're not all this condescending). Sure, it derailed the thread, but with both sides being combative, what do you expect?

GP asked for help, and some Texas State fans found the thread and wanted to help. Instead of getting hung up on a technicality, this could've easily gone the way of using the TXST forum they came from as a resource for historical images, no? Once the snarkiness started (I don't really care who "started it") there was no saving it. And honestly, was there a need for it from either side?

Instead of looking at this as "Texas State vs. GotPixels," look at it as a lesson for this forum as a whole (concepts especially): it is SO much easier to read something you disagree with and move on, than to get into an argument over semantics. Healthy debate is fine, but in the context of this project, division status is not really something that needs to be debated.

It's a little extreme to withhold the entire project because of some banter, and I'll be totally honest, I thought GotPixels was above that. It's a little disappointing to me to see from someone I'd consider an 'up-and-comer' around here that could really revitalize the concepts section. It's your project, George, but at the end of the day, it just looks like you're taking your ball and heading home to me — especially after going through the entire thread and replacing all the old concepts.

---

Lastly, regarding the 'haters will always hate' mantra: you don't grow as a designer (or person for that matter) by telling yourself that every time you face adversity. Think about it in a more concrete profession: you're an accountant, and the monthly balance sheet doesn't balance. You turn it in anyways, and you get reprimanded for it. What happens if you adopt the 'haters 'gon hate' mantra in this situation? You're likely going to remain a subpar accountant because you're not trying to get better at problem solving. All positive doesn't help, either, because you're getting the impression that everything is great and there's no room for improvement, which is rarely the case.

As a designer, you will get negative feedback, and you have to be able to filter through the noise to understand what the feedback is getting at. It's as simple as focusing on the right things. All too often here, I see this:

"This sucks. The proportions are way off."

Most people are going to focus on the red and respond with something defensive (as we saw here). There is helpful information in this post (green). Roll your eyes and move on with that helpful tidbit. In the beginning of the 'downfall' of this thread, there was a lot of helpful information and offers for assistance that were ignored because of how the posts were read.

Respond, don't react, amigos. It's so much easier to communicate that way.

/rant

Well put Doug.

It just pains me to see that this thread hasn't been shut down yet, as the longer it goes, more toes are being stepped on. It would do everyone justice if the mods shut this down. The sooner, the better

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

To be honest, I'm just as disappointed in our own members here as I am in the relative newcomers that everyone seems to be jumping on.

Is it really that difficult to just say "Hmm, interesting. Thanks for sharing."? You don't have to be right all the time. That goes for GP and our new Texas State members (welcome, by the way, we're not all this condescending). Sure, it derailed the thread, but with both sides being combative, what do you expect?

GP asked for help, and some Texas State fans found the thread and wanted to help. Instead of getting hung up on a technicality, this could've easily gone the way of using the TXST forum they came from as a resource for historical images, no? Once the snarkiness started (I don't really care who "started it") there was no saving it. And honestly, was there a need for it from either side?

Instead of looking at this as "Texas State vs. GotPixels," look at it as a lesson for this forum as a whole (concepts especially): it is SO much easier to read something you disagree with and move on, than to get into an argument over semantics. Healthy debate is fine, but in the context of this project, division status is not really something that needs to be debated.

It's a little extreme to withhold the entire project because of some banter, and I'll be totally honest, I thought GotPixels was above that. It's a little disappointing to me to see from someone I'd consider an 'up-and-comer' around here that could really revitalize the concepts section. It's your project, George, but at the end of the day, it just looks like you're taking your ball and heading home to me especially after going through the entire thread and replacing all the old concepts.

---

Lastly, regarding the 'haters will always hate' mantra: you don't grow as a designer (or person for that matter) by telling yourself that every time you face adversity. Think about it in a more concrete profession: you're an accountant, and the monthly balance sheet doesn't balance. You turn it in anyways, and you get reprimanded for it. What happens if you adopt the 'haters 'gon hate' mantra in this situation? You're likely going to remain a subpar accountant because you're not trying to get better at problem solving. All positive doesn't help, either, because you're getting the impression that everything is great and there's no room for improvement, which is rarely the case.

As a designer, you will get negative feedback, and you have to be able to filter through the noise to understand what the feedback is getting at. It's as simple as focusing on the right things. All too often here, I see this:

"This sucks. The proportions are way off."

Most people are going to focus on the red and respond with something defensive (as we saw here). There is helpful information in this post (green). Roll your eyes and move on with that helpful tidbit. In the beginning of the 'downfall' of this thread, there was a lot of helpful information and offers for assistance that were ignored because of how the posts were read.

Respond, don't react, amigos. It's so much easier to communicate that way.

/rant

Doug,

All well stated here and parts are a correct and parts are , well just well off and one-sided slanted to your own viewpoint. I reached out to you through PM and tried to discuss this in a manner that was appropriate. You coming out in my thread and sort of backhanding me with your disappointment slant is really the biggest bunch of pooh to add on top of this.

Yes, I reached out and asked for help with this one team. Yes links were provided. They are the same links that I had found on my own. I was very polite in this Doug. I responded to it and was appreciative. TO BE CLEAR, It is the other stuff that took this down the path it is now. Not nitpicking the design Doug.

As far as My concepts...well I don't apologize one bit. I spent the hours on it. I can do as I wish. It is what it is.

I'm more disappointed in the fact that you choose to use me as an example in your clean up the board mantra. I have begged for well over a week to get this thread taken down. To no avail. Not even you would do anything to help and even you step in here and rant. How does this make you any better or different?

It's too bad really. You don't know me at all. You don't know my motivation for doing this work. Others here do know more about me and my personal life and they can vouch for me Doug. They know why it is a passion to me right now.

Peace my brothers. It has been a fun ride.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

I have tried not to get involved in this hoping it would go away on its own.

I was asked by GP to make a comment so I will even though I do not believe anything I will say can help the situation.

Bottom line this is about concepts and making this about anything else just hurts the overall product anyways.

GP is going through some things personally now so I wish everyone would just let this go.

Everyone that responded can take some credit for derailing this thread the best way to respond to those taking something to an extreme is not to respond.

I have unfortunately done this myself and it has never worked.

drdougfresh thanks for that long pompous article to just toot you own horn. #asshat

Thank you for proving my point.

I'm so confused right now. I'm not gonna lie.

You only contribute to the madness Doug.

Pull some strings here and get this shutdown. You know, the right thing to do.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

drdougfresh thanks for that long pompous article to just toot you own horn. #asshat

Thank you for proving my point.

I really don't have respect for you anymore you talk about the whole hatters thing but you have frigen came on my page and hatted and don't even say it was constructive criticism.

Sorry GP for posting this but this guy pisses me off.

Archived