GotPixels

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we want to continue this, I can easily omit Texas State. Just saying.

Their Football program was D2 at one time. That was my point. Just for the record, I understand that they play D1 in other sports. Duh.

Matter of fact, I have a kid who plays in the Southland Conference right now. Do we want to continue this?

If so, there will be 11 concepts not 12.

;)

Basically this after one txst poster politely corrected GP on his misunderstanding that Texas State had been in Div. 1 only since 2012. Instead of being polite and just admitting that he was wrong on a little fact (a fact that means a lot to the txst fanbase,) he threatened to take his ball and go home. It looks like he did just that after showing his ass a little further

Texas State was at one time D2, yes or no? Correct answer is yes.

Why the heck does it even matter?

Bottomline is, there is no need to continue a thread that has been jacked.

If Mods do work here, it would be nice to see you send this on it's way down cause it ain't coming back here.

I appreciate the support of those who followed and I apologize, but this just isn't worth my time.

Thanks again.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Texas State was at one time D2, yes or no? Correct answer is yes.

Why the heck does it even matter?

Bottomline is, there is no need to continue a thread that has been jacked.

If Mods do work here, it would be nice to see you send this on it's way down cause it ain't coming back here.

I appreciate the support of those who followed and I apologize, but this just isn't worth my time.

Thanks again.

They didn't correct you on that though. They didn't claim TXST was never D2.

They simply let you know they were D1 prior to 2012 when they moved up to FBS. You didn't seem to know FCS is in fact D1 and they corrected you on that. A simple thanks would've been the appropriate response but instead you threatened them.

The TXST guys didn't ruin the thread. I'm not sure what got GotPixels panties in a wad. But the way he is reacting to a simple fact check is just pure childish. He was threatening to shut this thread down weeks ago just because not enough people were chiming in every few hours to say how good it was. Damn shame.

How many accounts are allowed here?

Good times.

There are definitely some fake accounts being used. I realize how specious it looks because I am new to this board, but I have been posting on the TXST board for 3 years with the same name (also post on UTSA and Sun Belt boards at times w/ same screen name). Bobcatdis and Cat Mom are also long time posters. I feel like My_Name and UT_longhorn are just here to stir the pot even more than it already has been.

New account that was following the series, here. Not a duplicate of anyone else. An IP check will confirm that.

Someone should take over and at least give us Texas and tamu.

That is pretty cold dude. Not gonna lie.

Why don't you consider making your own and post it up.

Mods, if you please...

Didn't mean to step on toes, but if you don't want to finish it out the series, the idea is to good too see it die early.

24orncx.jpg

He was threatening to shut this thread down weeks ago just because not enough people were chiming in every few hours to say how good it was.

...Pretty lousy thing to say about someone, cajun.

I don't find GP to be that way at all.

He takes proper criticism and often acts on it.

I get the feeling that GP does this as much for other people's enjoyment as his own;

So yeah, if nobody's interested in a particular thread, why would he continue it?

He's got several others that he can work on.

It would be great for someone to continue.

It's a great concept and for what it's worth you did good work gp. However I would think there are other designers that might be able to continue lone star series concept.

Great idea.

Nothing's stopping anybody from starting their own lone star thread. Go for it.

Hopefully it will be as good as this one was.

i am all for "correctness" but... it is "his" body of work, if he disagrees with you then just turn around and walk away, but to continue to press the issue over D1 or D40 still does not matter because........ and the end of they it is his work. Straight up childish. GP godspeed! remember haters will always hate.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/raulsanchez142/HTRade_zpsc14ed19d.jpg

On that note ill will remove myself form this forum. have fun kids. p.s. don't break any crayons!

Thanks for the support sparky, GG and others. And GG, that is an awesome image.

noahpixels_zps91780804.jpg

GG is right. It is my work and I choose to share here. So it is my choice whether I stay or go. It is my ball. It is unfortunate what transpired in this thread.

Right now I'm on the fence as to whether I bring this one back. Either way I wish peace to all.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Holy crap. Here's why none of the fact checking matters:

It's GP's concept series. Who the hell cares what division they're in? They could be fictional for all I care - what difference does it make if we're talking about the Texas Longhorns or the East-Northeast Texas A&M Tech Marauders? It's called the "Lone Star Series," so as far as I'm concerned, as long as they're in/around Texas, it's fine.

GP, ultimately, it's up to you. Your work has been nothing short of inspirational, and I speak as a long time former lurker. It's guys like you that made me post my own work.

If by ridiculous, you mean "incredible," then yes. :lol:

I'm not quite sure why Southwest Texas State's "fans" have the attitude they do. Maybe its because they were consigned to the Sun Belt while UTSA, a program that didn't even EXIST five years ago, got called up to Conference USA.

Either way, this thread is evidence that the Concepts section in general could use the attention of BiB's blindly flailing iron fist.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not quite sure why Southwest Texas State's "fans" have the attitude they do. Maybe its because they were consigned to the Sun Belt while UTSA, a program that didn't even EXIST five years ago, got called up to Conference USA.

Either way, this thread is evidence that the Concepts section in general could use the attention of BiB's blindly flailing iron fist.

You're talking about our attitude with an attitude?....Listen, GP called FCS Division II when it’s in fact Division I-AA (not like we made it up…its true we all know that now). This whole thing got blown up more than it should have (we can definitly take some of the blame). It’s not like we denied ever being Division II (we were back in the 80s), but D-II and FCS are two whole different divisions. Its a concept forum, yes. But it is still about FBS Texas teams. Most of us (Bobcats) are new to the concept board, so our bad if small details like that are commonly looked over. Why can't we move on from this?

As far as your other comment, good for UTSA. Part of what a conference wants is a big TV market and UTSA has that being in the 7th largest city in the USA. On top of that, there is no denying they have worked their butts off to get where they are in a short amout of time and they have an awesome AD. No reason to be mad about any of that. We make the best out of the cards we are dealt.

NoTurtle2_zps14ccdacb.gif

They just don't get it and probably never will. The point is no one should really give a :censored: and it's pretty immature and annoying to play little know-it-all in someone else's thread. If you absolutely feel the need to point out a correction to feel better about yourself, do so respectfully and move on...don't push, get moody, and continue arguing the point to the point of hijacking the thread. Ruins it for everyone because you want to look smart about a subject only a few care about.

24orncx.jpg

Archived