Chicago Bulls Logo Concept

flipdesignstudio

I have made a few modifications to the original concept based on your feedback.

1. Included a side by side comparison utilizing the light blue from the city flag vs. a cool grey as the accent color (I do like both options, but I feel the grey loses the extra tie-in to Chicago that I initially had in mind when I designed these.)

2. Removed "Windy City Basketball" form the primary logo

3. Reworked the basketballs in the secondary logo set to the more familiar round shape.

4. Widened the Bull's profile in the secondary mark.

ChicagoBullsConcept2.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People from Chicago do not call our home "The Windy City"

No team would use that term in their name or marketing if they are from Chicago to begin with.

Really? I don't get your comment. How about this official New Era cap here?

_57_zpsbed92c18.jpg

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I love this design concept! You're a true artist, Philip! No doubt! The Chicago Bulls (un)officially have their modernized logo! Simply beautiful! Kudos! 10/10!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Dude, this is awesome. I really enjoy your style.

Only gripe would be that I don't much care for the powder blue wordmark.

I would love to see you do more of these "enhanced logo concepts" for more professional sports teams. Keep up the great work man!

It's nicely executed, but the shapes themselves should become more form/free flowing. The blockiness makes it very robotic and static, uber-cartoony. The eyes need to come to life, they need defined eye details and an iris. Animal logos that are most compelling have nicely structured eyes.

It needs to have that aura of being in the upper echelon of classic NBA logos. Still needs to translate that classic essence if you're going to 'refresh' their brand.

The type work is fine.

Light blue or grey? Thoughts?

I say light blue. First, it ties directly into the city without beating you over the head with Chicago's flag. It's subtle, like an easter egg to be discovered in the logo. Second, blue seems to make the logo more vivid to me. Grey seems more subdued and doesn't fit as well with your vivacious logo set.

Archived