My San Diego Gulls concept jersey...come to life!

GeorgesL

I wanted to create a San Diego Gulls jersey using the alternate logo I got on eBay, and put it on a blank old Reebok Edge Islanders' jersey. This is what the finished product looks like:

SDGullsjersey_zps2713acbc.jpg

gullsfront_zpsca2f6c12.jpg

Back side:

gullsback_zpsf2544d2a.jpg

And yesterday I showed if off to the adoring public:

StephanieampMe_zpse0c79658.jpg

• 11 months later...

You can't seriously be expecting us to look at the jersey there.

Honestly I made a conscious effort to JUST look at the jersey. Luckily that logo draws your eyes right to the chest.

On a serious note though, can't wait to see the actual Gulls logo and possibly jersey on Sunday.

Honestly I made a conscious effort to JUST look at the jersey. Luckily that logo draws your eyes right to the chest.

On a serious note though, can't wait to see the actual Gulls logo and possibly jersey on Sunday.

It would be amazing to see these on the ice, but the San Diego team is the Ducks' affiliate, so those colours won't be used...or will they?

And it's OK. I do it all the time.

It would be amazing to see these on the ice, but the San Diego team is the Ducks' affiliate, so those colours won't be used...or will they?

And it's OK. I do it all the time.

I mean it would make sense for the Ducks to have the Gulls share a common color scheme since not only is having their AHL team in San Diego a way to have players closer, but its an obvious way to expand their own market. And with the identity being unique the colors are the only way left to really tie the NHL and AHL team together. But that said, there's no requirement that they share color schemes either. The Ontario Reign had their own color scheme for years in the ECHL despite being a directly owned subsidiary of the Kings.

Archived