Lockhart Knights FC New Soccer Team from Lockhart, Texas

thebutkiker

Firstly, as a matter of etiquette on the boards, you don't need to bump your thread after less than an hour.

As far as the logo itself goes, you've got a real mashup of styles going on here. It's something I remember doing myself when I first seriously got into designing logos. You've got a realistic looking knight's helmet sort of plunked on top of swords and a shield that are not as realistic.

Use the helmet as a jumping-off point for your own illustration -- don't just copy and paste it into Photoshop and throw on an effect or two. The whole thing will look better and more cohesive if the elements are the same stylistically.

Remove the name in the logo. Because its not a normal soccer crest, the words have no business being in it. My suggestion is to put Lockhart in olde english (if you want) outside the shield at the top or bottom.

Your knight head has 2 shades of grey, the darker shade should be a lot brighter so it doesnt bleed with the purple.

Remove the name in the logo. Because its not a normal soccer crest, the words have no business being in it. My suggestion is to put Lockhart in olde english (if you want) outside the shield at the top or bottom.

Your knight head has 2 shades of grey, the darker shade should be a lot brighter so it doesnt bleed with the purple.

I still find it better to make your own and make it very large. Just find a normal one, blow it up, trace it, then you can edit little things to make it to your own liking. Then you have no complaints

The jersey looks fine, although a different template might be nice.

I would remove "Lockhart Knights" from the back of the jersey. It's too crowded.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Nice start. I agree drop the team name off the back it's unnecessary and does crowd the jersey. As for as the logo goes it's better than the first I even thought maybe even up the slats on the faceshield so they were uniform on both sides. The swords is the outline Black or purple? if its black change it to purple. Maybe add a silver or grey outline around the shield just to see what it looks like. I just feel there needs to be another line around the gold of the shield. I always ended up tweaking logos long after i thought i was done. What art program did you use?

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Nice start. I agree drop the team name off the back it's unnecessary and does crowd the jersey. As for as the logo goes it's better than the first I even thought maybe even up the slats on the faceshield so they were uniform on both sides. The swords is the outline Black or purple? if its black change it to purple. Maybe add a silver or grey outline around the shield just to see what it looks like. I just feel there needs to be another line around the gold of the shield. I always ended up tweaking logos long after i thought i was done. What art program did you use?

Yes the outline of the swords is purple. I will come out with an update on the jerseys tonight. I use gimp.

spacer.png

Archived