Fictional Euro Hoops League Logos

HarperK

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you have great design skills, but perhaps need to rethink your logo match with cities because there are some historical issues which would likely prevent some of your teams from ever happening.

1. Barcelona Conquistadors--- Barcelona is not likely to celebrate the Conquistadors, most of whom were from central or southern Spain and would be

linked with Castile (or Madrid) the bitter rivals of Barcelona. Also the color scheme is very appropriate for Spain, but again you run into an issue with

Catalan nationalism (Catalunya is the region where Barcelona lies and sees itself and its culture as very different from that of "Spanish-speaking"

Spain. Most Catalans feel more connection to the Mediterranean than to the discovery of the new world. Your logo would work very well for Madrid or

Seville, but would be seen as controversial for Barcelona.

2. Not sure any team in Germany, particularly in Berlin would use Warhawks. Too much bad history there. There is a lot of German imagery which would

work well for Berlin that would avoid any (even faint) references to WW2.

But, these are just suggestions. The logos are great, but just like you would not put a team celebrating the Confederacy in Philadelphia, or a team called

the "Yankees" in Boston, I don't think the names for Berlin and Barcelona are good matches for those cities.

I think you have great design skills, but perhaps need to rethink your logo match with cities because there are some historical issues which would likely prevent some of your teams from ever happening.

1. Barcelona Conquistadors--- Barcelona is not likely to celebrate the Conquistadors, most of whom were from central or southern Spain and would be

linked with Castile (or Madrid) the bitter rivals of Barcelona. Also the color scheme is very appropriate for Spain, but again you run into an issue with

Catalan nationalism (Catalunya is the region where Barcelona lies and sees itself and its culture as very different from that of "Spanish-speaking"

Spain. Most Catalans feel more connection to the Mediterranean than to the discovery of the new world. Your logo would work very well for Madrid or

2. Not sure any team in Germany, particularly in Berlin would use Warhawks. Too much bad history there. There is a lot of German imagery which would

But, these are just suggestions. The logos are great, but just like you would not put a team celebrating the Confederacy in Philadelphia, or a team called

the "Yankees" in Boston, I don't think the names for Berlin and Barcelona are good matches for those cities.

Thanks for the input. Ill revisit Barcelona and figure out something for Berlin. I knew that name wasn't a good fit but I got more caught up in the logo. Any other team name ideas that arent generic or cliché sounding would be great tooa!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Thanks for the input. Ill revisit Barcelona and figure out something for Berlin. I knew that name wasn't a good fit but I got more caught up in the logo. Any other team name ideas that arent generic or cliché sounding would be great tooa!

You could go a "Black Forest" route and use a deer, stag, or boar. You could go the "Beer" route and use brewers or hops. Or maybe the "Mountaineer" route.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

The logos are great, but just like you would not put a team celebrating the Confederacy in Philadelphia, or a team called

Hey now... the Boston Yanks would beg to differ. (If they were still around, that is...) :P

HarperK, I have to say this thread is top notch with your well thought out and excellent designed crests. My favorites in order would have to be: Barcelona, Berlin, Paris, Milan, Moscow. As for Berlin using the Warhawk identity, yes there is some apprehension to using it but I think Berlin would support it if it was a real proposal. But that's the good thing about concepts, it's all based on interpretation. I can't wait to see the rest of the "Europa Basketball League" clubs. Is the league going to be split into conferences/divisions or just a single table league?

For this simulation league, what program are you planning on using to simulate the games? NBA 2K14? NBA14? Cheers mate and keep up the good work.

HarperK, I have to say this thread is top notch with your well thought out and excellent designed crests. My favorites in order would have to be: Barcelona, Berlin, Paris, Milan, Moscow. As for Berlin using the Warhawk identity, yes there is some apprehension to using it but I think Berlin would support it if it was a real proposal. But that's the good thing about concepts, it's all based on interpretation. I can't wait to see the rest of the "Europa Basketball League" clubs. Is the league going to be split into conferences/divisions or just a single table league?

For this simulation league, what program are you planning on using to simulate the games? NBA 2K14? NBA14? Cheers mate and keep up the good work.

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/ddspb.html

Some great designs regardless of the controversial names. I have always liked the name Berlin Jets or Berlin Eagles, the latter would be the most appropriate I believe.

Conquistadors try #2
-changed to Madrid
-changed from the maroon color to a more purplish shade used on the Madrid flag.
-added some highlights to the helmet
conquistadors3_zps02a9d0a6.png

-also the script is prolly gonna go to, not liking it as much now.

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/ddspb.html

Is this league going to be a fantasy sim league here on the Board or just your own personal league?

Archived