New England Patriots Logo Concept *Uniform Added 2/3*

Sean F&F

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your problem with this logo is it's too complex and realistic, keep it simpler. Also most logos are a shape filled with details to make it a logo, instead of just straight drawing an illustration.

y71myf8mlwlk8lbgagh3fd5e0.gif

Notice how the face fills in the blue shape. You can update that all you want. And it will improve. But in order to make great logos you have to look at it from a different perspective.

Back with another revision, this time of the first Pat Patriot head logo. I searched around for some other logos that use faces and took some ideas from them as far as the level of detail and shape of the features are.

I still haven't perfected the hair, I think I'll just have to draw it by hand then recreate it on the computer.

patpatriotheadv24.png

Back with a modification of the logo seen above.

I added a tail to it. I tried the previous logo (the one above) on a helmet and it didn't look as good. I think I'm just used to the Patriots current logo but I felt mine needed a tail on it. It also brought some more red into the logo which I like.

patriot-logo-head-v5.png

Back with a modification of the logo seen above.

I added a tail to it. I tried the previous logo (the one above) on a helmet and it didn't look as good. I think I'm just used to the Patriots current logo but I felt mine needed a tail on it. It also brought some more red into the logo which I like.

patriot-logo-head-v5.png

The problem with this is you have motion lines on a on a man that looks like he's just standing there. The reason why the flying Elvis works is because it has an aggressive stance of going forward.

Guest darkpiranha

On the P, I think you need to skew the star as well. Right now everything else on the P is angled forward while the star is perfectly straight.

• 6 months later...

You're getting really close with the face, it's definitely an improvement. You're not far away from a really good logo here.

Have a look at the old Appalachian State Logo (funnily enough the one on the left) for a good example of how to draw a simplified, 2 colour face at that perspective.

1986estb0c5awpng.png

I borrowed heavily from that logo to make this vikings logo for a competition on another forum and it helped me a lot.

LBAhwsv.png

Your problem with this logo is it's too complex and realistic, keep it simpler. Also most logos are a shape filled with details to make it a logo, instead of just straight drawing an illustration.

y71myf8mlwlk8lbgagh3fd5e0.gif

Notice how the face fills in the blue shape. You can update that all you want. And it will improve. But in order to make great logos you have to look at it from a different perspective.

^This exactly.

I understand people are saying the logo is too complex, but what is unnecessary in my logo?

These logos look pretty complex too I'd say

2704_minnesota_vikings-primary-2013.png?

or the Jags. Lots of spots and lines

8856_jacksonville_jaguars-alternate-2013

im5xz2q9bjbg44xep08bf5czq.gif

I get the feeling you guys want it more like this

cwuyv0w15ruuk34j9qnfuoif9.gif

but I don't know what elements I need to take out. The only thing I can see is a lot of logos have really thick lines.

377.gif

I don't think complexity is an issue anymore

As you said in the previous post, a lot of logos have thicker lines. Try to bold up your logo a bit and keep the line weight pretty consistent. For example the navy outline should be the same thickness as the white outline it's next to. Redraw the logo with that boldness in mind from the start.

As I said before, I really don't think you are far away at all in terms of the look you are going for.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived