Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

I agree, the NFL is making the Super Bowl fields look SO PATHETIC, they could at least outline the numbers in the colors of the teams, and paint the team color stripes on the 20's, and the red and blue stripes on the 50 yard line as well, don't these guys get it? They NEED to outline the numbers in the colors of the teams AND paint the team color stripes on the 20's AND paint the red & blue stripes at the 50 yard line

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Where did you find this?

Judging from the portrait-type pic, I'm guessing Twitter.

The Patriots' end zone being navy comes as no surprise. In fact, their end zone looks half-decent, and way better than the one in Super Bowl XLIX. Still wish there were conference logos, though.

• Like 2

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, SanFran49atw said:

Confirmation of a navy end zone for the Patriots:

patriots.jpg

Is the shade of blue they are painting the end zone slightly different than the shade of blue in the logo or is that just because the paint might still be wet.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

Yes to the red end zone. Good troll job, NFL. :P

Overall, this is probably the best Super Bowl field since XLVII, though that's not saying much.

Edited by JWhiz96
Correcting the Super Bowl

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, CarolinaSkinsFan said:

Here is picture of the finished field. Not bad, could have been worse (and of course better).

IMG_20170127_140800.jpg

53 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Yes to the red end zone. Good troll job, NFL. :P

Overall, this is probably the best Super Bowl field since XLVII, though that's not saying much.

So not as bad as it could have been award goes to the NFL field paint crew. First time solely alternate colors for teamboxes since Super Bowl IV. Looks like they need to finish the Super Bowl logos, but I'm happy to see a red endzone.

• Like 2

WOW, it sure makes a big difference with the end zones painted blue for the Patriots, and red for the Falcons, the field is looking VERY GOOD, would still look better if the NFL paint crew would paint the blue and gray stripes on the 20 yard line, and the red and black stripes on the 20 yard line at the Falcons end of the field, and paint the red & blue stripes at the 50 yard line as well

2 hours ago, CarolinaSkinsFan said:

Here is picture of the finished field. Not bad, could have been worse (and of course better).

IMG_20170127_140800.jpg

I like that they went with the helmet colors for the team boxes to contrast the endzones, but I'm disappointed again that there are no conference logos in the endzones; it looks like something you'd see in a college bowl game. Would also love to see them go back to outlining the 20 and 50 yard lines in team colors; it's been ten years now since they've last done it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dnice said:

I'm a little curious SB or not, if Atlanta would go red, black or remain green for the new home.

I would assume with how many events Atlanta host (SEC Championship, Peach Bowl, ect) i would think it be easier for the grounds crew without a background color in the end zones at Mercedes Benz Stadium.

moss_moon.gif

1 hour ago, logoroy said:

I like that they went with the helmet colors for the team boxes to contrast the endzones, but I'm disappointed again that there are no conference logos in the endzones; it looks like something you'd see in a college bowl game. Would also love to see them go back to outlining the 20 and 50 yard lines in team colors; it's been ten years now since they've last done it.

It hadn't occurred to me that the teamboxes are the same color as the helmets, but I like the change. I would have liked to see Super Bowl XLIX style teamboxes, but this is better than the same color as the endzones. As for the endzones, I think I know why they have done away with conference logos. If you look at the Super Bowl XLVIII field, the endzones were very crowded because the wordmarks are long, and not that tall. Many teams have wordmarks that are like this, so it looks bad in the endzone when they have to fit it in with other logos. In the past the NFL would stretch the wordmarks vertically, for example the Cowboys (like in Super Bowl XIII), or in Super Bowl XL and Super Bowl XLIII, add the city name to make the wodmark take up more vertical space.

I'm going to get a version of the field done, and then see if I can get started on a textured version. Might not get to texture until Sunday though.

Okay, updated field. Includes a darker gray, Falcons wordmark of normal dimensions (I thought they may have made it taller for some reason), and mathematically centered logos in the teamboxes. Also the color changes of course.

51.png

I'm also waiting on the wall banners, since they have not been put up yet.

• Like 1