Ok so I know that these aren't the greatest designs, but the MLB has a hard on for camo hats on the holidays. So I figured I would do something with the current and recently released 2014 camo hats and make them a little more bearable.

(P.S. These are not mean to be world class photoshop designs. Just simply drawn up concepts.)

Here are the first two:

Arizona-Diamonbacks-2014-Camo-Cap_zps96d

Atlanta-Braves-2014-Camo-Cap_zpsa2ebc1e4

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

THANK YOU! I was thinking that these would be the perfect balance for all of the past caps we've seen but I wasn't able to do it myself. What would it look like if the bill was also patterned?

THANK YOU! I was thinking that these would be the perfect balance for all of the past caps we've seen but I wasn't able to do it myself. What would it look like if the bill was also patterned?

I tried to do a patterned bill and it looked decent but it honest felt like overkill for the entire hat to be camo.

2gm6.png

These are really awesome. The red sox is really nice. Keep up the good work!

You should try and use Cadpat (slightly different Canadian camouflage) for the Blue Jays one.

Way better.

These are so much better than the other ones that we've been seeing.

Thanks for all the kind words. I can try to use the cadpat on the jays when I get to it dkc. Oh and once I am done with all of these, I am going to make matchup comparisons to give you an idea of how they would look during this years memorial day game set. That way, you can see the teams against their opponents in comparison as to why I chose to make certain ones the way they are.

2gm6.png

I would like to see more of a prominent camo, As a cubs fan, that one kinda looks like a few dark spots and the rest is sort of one color. I thought camo was like more than 3 colors, but maybe I'm wrong. Like always when I leave a comment, I want to try and add something positive.

1. These would be perfect if the MLB would take this into consideration and wear these on memorial day

2. Most of the other caps look BE-AU-TI-FUL

3 I'm hoping you do something absolutly amazing with the pardes :flagusa:

Beautiful. Any Mets concepts coming?

Yes, I am doing all 30 teams.

I would like to see more of a prominent camo, As a cubs fan, that one kinda looks like a few dark spots and the rest is sort of one color. I thought camo was like more than 3 colors, but maybe I'm wrong. Like always when I leave a comment, I want to try and add something positive.

1. These would be perfect if the MLB would take this into consideration and wear these on memorial day

2. Most of the other caps look BE-AU-TI-FUL

3 I'm hoping you do something absolutly amazing with the pardes :flagusa:

What's sad, is that if the Padres had kept their "sand" color in their color scheme, which was my favorite color scheme they have had, their current 2014 camo hat would still be perfect for them. Unfortunately they went back to being white and grey and blue so I will end up needing to get creative.

2gm6.png

I know you're just taking the caps that just came out and changing the colors, but do you think you could give the Stars and Stripes a try?

I will take a swing at it after I finish the camo hats.

2gm6.png

• 2 weeks later...

I realize how terrible the logo looks on the LA hat, but it was kind of difficult to change a deep blue logo into white without it turning really pixelated.

LosAngeles-Dodgers-2014-Camo-Cap_zps62b8

Miami-Marlins-2014-Camo-Cap_zps836ebce4.

Milwaukee-Brewers-2014-Camo-Cap_zps2298c

Minnesota-Twins-2014-Camo-Cap_zpse72635e

2gm6.png

These are rather awesome. I'm only gonna comment on logo/color choices, so a few things:

- The Braves A should still be white. If you had used the Tom-A-hawk logo then it'd be red, but just the A alone on a navy/red cap should be white.

- The Block C on Cleveland's should not be outlined in white. Don't know if it's your personal preference or not, but if your trying to make these true to the actual team identities, then they wouldn't outline it for one cap when the others aren't.

- For the reds I'd reverse the black and red and make it modeled after their current road cap rather than the old one. This is just a suggestion since technically this one is modeled after an actual cap if theirs.

Archived