Staten Island Spectres...First Post

bigshampagne

Ive been frequenting this website for so long and have never shared any of my work. Ive been working on creating a whole league of fantasy teams....I'm not sure if people do that on here or what, but critique away, id like to know what everyone thinks. Thanks.

Spectres_zpseb13b13d.jpg

spectres2_zps56805e27.jpg

The font is very difficult to read at first glance. My suggestion would be to make it more bold. Other than that, this look excellent!

I agree, fix the font and you have a winner!

Wow, what a first post! Great linework and execution.

I'm wondering if you'd found some inspiration in the Las Vegas 51's, one of my all-time favourite brands.

I don't know if the map of New York is necessary. I thought it was a ribbon at first. Also, the team isn't really representing the whole state of New York, I would think. Maybe give the spectre a high collar or something?

The text on "Spectres" gets a little hard to read, especially since that "r" is so squeezed in there, it's easy to miss. Also, the multiple outlines around the numbers make them hard to read.

This is almost there. Good job!

rATMcmK.png

GREAT start. I agree that the text is a little difficult to read. But I think with less outlines of a larger image it would be easier to read. The main problem I have is throwing the state of New York in the background. I'm not sure if it really fits. It doesn't look too bad when you just have the head or "S" in front of it, but when you put the skull and text together, you end up with that big white space between the head and wordmark. Something definitely needs to be done to eliminate that. Maybe pull the head down some? But when you put this logo together, the shape of New York in the background is completely lost.

gYH2mW9.png

Yea it was working really hard with the script. I wanted something a little scary and flowing and kind of whimsical but it just didnt turn out exactly how i wanted it. and now that i think about it the state outline doesn't really make sense. Thanks for the feedback tho everyone.

Wow, what a first post! Great linework and execution.

I'm wondering if you'd found some inspiration in the Las Vegas 51's, one of my all-time favourite brands.

I don't know if the map of New York is necessary. I thought it was a ribbon at first. Also, the team isn't really representing the whole state of New York, I would think. Maybe give the spectre a high collar or something?

The text on "Spectres" gets a little hard to read, especially since that "r" is so squeezed in there, it's easy to miss. Also, the multiple outlines around the numbers make them hard to read.

This is almost there. Good job!

No inspiration from that logo but i do love that one.

I like the saturated color because it gives it a touch of uniqueness. Bright blue would blend in poorly with that shade of red of it weren't a bit saturated.

Also, keep the state outline. It gives it a sense of locality and makes it seem as if it was made for the region. Without it, it's just another logo that could be used for anywhere. The team doesn't need to be named "New York" to have a state outline.

Archived