MLB BP Cap Concepts

CTSportsfan17

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. As we all know, the MLB has new Diamond Era BP Caps. I'm a huge fan of them and came of with some different designs for each team that I thought I'd share.

Even though I know photoshop, I have limited access to it, so these are obviously done with minimal editing capabilities and look pretty bad, so please understand. Ill go through them division by division, starting with the American League Central. Positve/Contructive feedback would be appreciated!

Chicago White Sox:

5QPuMTY.png

Cleveland Indians:

k6owNBF.png

Detroit Tigers:

e1xww8g.png

Kansas City Royals:

UC8Ori5.png

Minnesota Twins:

5j79U9a.png

What the hell happened with KC? Good gosh that's an awful Photoshop job. You didn't even try to make it look right...

For future reference, learn to use the clone tool.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

What the hell happened with KC? Good gosh that's an awful Photoshop job. You didn't even try to make it look right...

For future reference, learn to use the clone tool.

That Royals cap looks like it was painted by a six year old. The Twins and Tigers have potential and like said above, use the clone tool. I am terrible at Photoshop and the clone tool is very easy to use.

Really? These are terrible. Some sloppiness is excusable but this is.. God awful.

Trust, me I know these look like absolute crap. I should have clarified earlier...when I said I have limited photoshop access,I meant I don't have many opportunities to use it, and these were not done in Photoshop, but a very simple program that is all I can use most of the time. I know how to use then clone tool-- it selects a pattern that can then be drawn onto other surfaces.

Understand that I know these look awful, but its the best I can do at the moment.

If you knew they were absolute crap why did you even post them? If you've been around this site at all (and you have to be to even get to post a new thread) you should have realized we take these things seriously. We don't want to waste our time on awful concepts. And not posting awful concepts is (read: should be) common sense in the first place...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

If you knew they were absolute crap why did you even post them? If you've been around this site at all (and you have to be to even get to post a new thread) you should have realized we take these things seriously. We don't want to waste our time on awful concepts. And not posting awful concepts is (read: should be) common sense in the first place...

Like, I said, its the only way I can make the designs, I wanted to share them and get feedback. I had no intention of wasting anyone's time, and I apologize if hat how it seems.

Boy, I bet he/she's just itching to give this another go now! Yeah these are pretty bad in presentation, and I'm all for brutal honesty, but we all started somewhere. You're just piling on and s***ting all over him. Also, you may not waste time on awful concepts, but you don't speak for the rest of us. What kind of elitist BS is that anyway? For all you know, the poster here could be a young kid who's enthusiastic about the graphic design world. Person's obviously kinda new, as they just joined today. You think this will encourage him/her to try harder?

Anyway, I'd take the advice of some others on here. I'd start lower and maybe just use MS Paint for now or just pen and paper. You don't have to be a pro at drawing. Take an idea you have, make a rough sketch, and keep tracing over it until you're satisfied. Scan that sketch into your computer and digitize it. Make the lines smoother, add some color, all that good stuff. If you want to just keep making hats right now, find a better template. I have my own template i made for MS Paint, so just PM me if you want it. Basically, Photoshop seems to be out of your league at the moment, and that's fine. Everyone has their favorite program. As far as the ideas on the hats, I actually don't mind the White Sox hat. I think that could work well, especially with a gray jersey (with a different templated hat of course). Most of the other concepts are just kind of lateral moves in my opinion, but thumbs up on the bills and swatches being the same color. KC is a tad too minimalistic to work. Keep experimenting.

Eh, you get the idea, i.e. the "concept," so I've never minded less than perfect execution here. This isn't a professional submission to the team. This is just the computer version of a rough drawing by hand. Pull the phone back and the lines blend together just fine.

Guess that's why I don't visit the Concepts section much anymore, but I wanted to see what this "takeover" was all about.

As far as the concepts, I like the Sox and I've begun to miss that Twins' M, so using it for the BP works for me.

I prefer the D without the outline, but that's true of most cap logos for me. And I'm torn on the Royals cap. I prefer letters, but think BPs should differ from the main caps significantly. Just not sure this is the way to go, but not sure what other options the Royals really have. It's definitely out of the box.

Because you have limited access to Photoshop, I would recommend checking out one of these free programs:

http://www.inkscape.org/en/

http://www.gimp.org/

http://www.getpaint.net/

If you're using Paint, check out the pinned thread, too: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/76598-paint-users-paradise-20/

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived