Sign in to follow this  
GriffinM6

Wallpaper Design Concept

Hey there guys. Today I decided to try my first wallpaper. It's for my favorite team the Miami Hurricanes. Just wanted to see what y'all think I could fix and improve on.

MiamiHurricanesFootballWallpaper_zpsb3d2

edti: i thought it said contest...lol

my only suggestion is to make the phrase "there's a Hurricane..." orange. I think it will stand out more, and add a nice pop of color.

those are not effects for background like this..idk if u saw any of my work, but look into topaz adjust (a plugin) for effects

Not bad for a first try, I think the "There's a hurricane coming" text could be a little smaller though. Maybe try to have it running straight across the top. I think you have too many elements competing for attention. The two logos, and the "Football 2014" text could also be much smaller, and the ACC logo would read better if it was just white. Wallpapers are large images, so text doesn't have to be gigantic, and the background can be the main focus. I'd also try a different font for the player's name. Miami's font doesn't translate very well to smaller sizes.

edti: i thought it said contest...lol

my only suggestion is to make the phrase "there's a Hurricane..." orange. I think it will stand out more, and add a nice pop of color.

I tried that originally, but the contrast looked really weird.

Not bad for a first try, I think the "There's a hurricane coming" text could be a little smaller though. Maybe try to have it running straight across the top. I think you have too many elements competing for attention. The two logos, and the "Football 2014" text could also be much smaller, and the ACC logo would read better if it was just white. Wallpapers are large images, so text doesn't have to be gigantic, and the background can be the main focus. I'd also try a different font for the player's name. Miami's font doesn't translate very well to smaller sizes.

I took your suggestions and I think it looks good.

MiamiHurricanesFootballWallpaper_zps8bd0

I still can't decide what effect to use on the player though. It's kinda tough to decide.

I would revert to full color for Perryman (without the effects), then you're probably good to go.

I would revert to full color for Perryman (without the effects), then you're probably good to go.

Like such?

MiamiHurricanesFootballWallpaper_zpscdb9

MiamiHurricanesFootballWallpaper_zps8bd0

I still can't decide what effect to use on the player though. It's kinda tough to decide.

So far I like this one the best.

Like such?

MiamiHurricanesFootballWallpaper_zpscdb9

I prefer the color. But I'd go with the original image.

One thing I learned from newspaper layout is to have the subject facing the text. In this instance, he'd look more like a part of the image as a whole, instead of looking as if he's running off of it.

Hey Griffin,

It's looking good.

You could play around with a bunch of things...

Blurring the background just a tad, and leaving the foreground crisp and sharp, would give the illusion of more depth.

A thin white glow around the figure might make him "pop" a little more?

The ACC logo looks out of place. Maybe make it larger and put it on the otherside of "FOOTBALL 2014" like the U logo is.

Alright guys, here's a new version.

MiamiHurricanesFootballWallpaperGreenBac

And vnardella5, I couldn't find the topaz effect.