NBA Hockey Crossover! ATL, BOS, and BKN up first

GriffinM6

Well folks I've decided to start another crossover series. This one brings to you the NBA! These concepts will be done in alphabetical order, and I will try to not make exact hockey versions of each teams' uniforms.

If you wanna see my last crossover thread, here's the NFL one!

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95719-nfl-hockey-crossover-afc-west/

First up is Atlanta. Had to go with the new Pac-man logo. Striping is based off of the Wilkins era jerseys.

ATL_Home.jpg

Then there's Boston. Have to stick with a classic look for them obviously.

BOS_Home.jpg

Last of the first three is Brooklyn. I decided to change the name to the Sticks, because it's more appropriate for hockey. The sticks in the logo come from the Islanders logo. The herringbone pattern comes from their court.

BKN_Home.jpg

Excuse the crappy quality of some of the photos. I've been using a new image upload site and the quality isn't as good as photobucket.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

To be fair, hockey also has nets. Like when you score a goal it goes into the net, I feel the name would translate. And the chevron thing isn't working well for a team that's just black and white.

Well they use the herringbone pattern (albeit subtly) on there uniforms, and it's also on their court.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I don't understand how the pics aren't showing up. I just recently posted a Hornets concept using the same image uploading site. I'll re add them soon. Also, look for an update to the now Nets.

edit: Can everyone see the images now?

edit 2: Atlanta is updated in the first post. Home chest logo has yellow outline. Brooklyn is updated to the Nets below.

BKN_Home.jpg

spacer.png

The images still aren't appearing on this page, but I can view them if I open them in a new tab.

In terms of the concepts themselves the updated Hawks and the Celtics are fantastic. The chevrons in the striping on Brooklyn feel incredibly busy to me especially when paired with the very large fairly busy shoulder logos. It also doesn't help that the silver in those chevrons doesn't appear anywhere else on the jersey. I might suggest adding small stripes along the edges to separate the chevrons from the background color a little bit.

It might also be nice to see a back view for the jerseys in order to get a feel for number fonts and the positioning of the name and so forth but that's not really necessary.

Good start. I was a big fan of your NFL series. Favorite of the first round is for sure Boston, it works on so many levels. Brooklyn is original, but something throws off the balance. I can't decide if its how big the white shoulder patches are, or if the herringbone would work better if it were black and white.

Good job on the Hawks. The Nets update was needed.

On the Celtics' sweaters, I would consider applying the double stripe across the torso like it is on the sleeves.

Also, on the Celtics' white sweater, I think the whole sweater should be white with green stripes at the top. (Instead of having the shoulders be the same for both.)

Atlanta: If you're modeling these off current looks, I would use navy and red for the Hawks. Otherwise it looks really good.

Boston: I like the design, and that logo looks perfect on a hockey jersey.

Brooklyn: I'd use one stripe instead of two (I just think it would look better) and sublimate the herringbone pattern. It's way too in-your-face right now. Also, those shoulder patches are HUGE.

Alright guys, while I think I'll make some edits to the Nets later, I'm going to post the Hornets

First off, I used the logo with the wordmark, because any of the other ones looked empty with the basketball tail turned into a normal one. Second, tried not to be too basic, so hopefully this works.

CHA_Home.jpg

The alt... Well I wanted to be pretty tacky with this, and I think that idea was accomplished. Sublimated pinstripes, buzz city and Hugo logos, and to complete the tackiness, a front number.

CHA_Alt.png

spacer.png

Archived