Inter (Milan) reveal new logo

Louis

Press release: http://www.inter.it/en/news/45909

Changes to the badge include the ‘I’ being shifted wholly into the ‘C’, and the surrounding rings slightly altered in make-up, running black-blue-gold, as opposed to the previous black-gold-blue-gold.

The major change appears to be that the club have removed the star from above the badge.

Sourced from: http://www.football-italia.net/51711/‘new-logo-same-inter’

Previous logo:

sUjAkO7.png

New logo:

d2P8h6H.jpg

While the new version cleans up some problems from the old one, I agree with some of you that point out how the "I" now takes a back seat. The "I" is the most important letter as they are known simply as "inter" to differentiate themselves from AC Milan who are often referred to simply as "Milan." The "F," "C" and "M" should be wrapping themselves around the "I"

Well, it was always cluttered. But I find it less so, since they've lined up all the vertical lines and created matching horizontal ones. It's a surprisingly clean monogram, considering everything they have to put in it.

I think this is so close to perfect - all they need to do is front the I:

proposedInterfix_zps449c5f91.gif

Question: is the star above the logo a different color because it symbolizes 10 titles? Or do you only get a star after 10 titles in the Italian league?

I've always loved the mass amount of stars in some of the Mexican league logos. A very unique thing to soccer. I know the Islanders do it in hockey. Do any other teams or sports do this kind of thing? Sorry to get off topic.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Question: is the star above the logo a different color because it symbolizes 10 titles? Or do you only get a star after 10 titles in the Italian league?

Italian teams only get to wear a star for every 10 titles won - by no longer making the star a part of the crest itself, I guess they're trying to future proof it a bit. Inter currently have 18 titles, so win another two and any signage, merchandise or whatever carrying a single star would be instantly outdated.

Do any other teams or sports do this kind of thing? Sorry to get off topic.

Some other countries use the same system of a star for ten titles - the Netherlands and Sweden, for example. Others like Germany differ a bit - there you get a star for three titles, a second for five, a third for 10 and a fourth for 20.

In England there's no set system and we have a bit of a free for all, really. :blush:

Archived