The Road to Omaha: The 2015 NCAA Baseball Tournament thread

Seadragon76

OMG Clemson got in. I have no clue how, but they slid in on the last spot. I'll take it.

They got in, in my opinion, by taking two out of three against North Carolina (The first team out) earlier in the season.

And they're off!

If you want to watch the action, there is ESPN3 and ESPN Bases Loaded. Not to mention that the SEC Network has three games today and ESPNU has the Cal State Bakersfield-UCLA game.

Bakersfield just beat Mississippi 2-1. I'm shocked

In fact, the entire Los Angeles regional has been one of surprises... I mean, who knew Maryland could beat UCLA?

So far the eliminated pile has:

-1 #1 Seed (UC Santa Barbara)

-2 #2 Seeds (Ole Miss and East Carolina)

-2 #3 Seeds (Oral Roberts and Clemson)

-8 #4 Seeds (Canisius, Mercer, Florida A&M, Lehigh, Texas Southern, Sacred Heart, Lipscomb and Morehead State)

The rain has pushed back the regional games in Dallas, Houston and Champaign, so the final three of the first eliminations will be known today.

Just in case, the match-ups for the Super Regionals are like this:

Friday, Saturday and Sunday (if needed):

-Maryland at Virginia

-Missouri State at Arkansas

-Virginia Commonwealth at Miami (Florida)

-Florida State at Florida

Saturday, Sunday and Monday (if needed)

-UL Lafayette at Louisiana State

-Texas A&M at Texas Christian

-Vanderbilt at Illinois

-Cal State Fullerton at Louisville

I've just updated my previous post with the finalized matches for the Super Regionals, Of the teams left, there are...

-11 #1 seeds

-1 #2 seed (Arkansas)

-3 #3 seeds (Virginia, Maryland and UL Lafayette)

-1 #4 seed (VCU)

Ninja Edit: The schedules have been released. TV info should come soon.

If you are an AD, don't retweet ticket codes for Super Regionals.

Not a bad start to an NCAA baseball Super Regional. Texas A&M fans this week have tried to cut into TCU’s home-field advantage for the upcoming weekend series at Lupton Stadium that will determine which team advances to the College World Series in Omaha, Neb.

TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte downplayed the social-media driven ticket flap on Thursday. And he acknowledged the verdict will ultimately be obvious by the purple and maroon in the sold-out crowd for the best-of-three series Saturday, Sunday and, if-needed, Monday.

“I’m not exactly worried,” Del Conte said. “Social media has run amok.”

22 years, over 950 wins and six Omaha appearances now mean nothing as Clemson fired Jack Leggett.

http://m.wyff4.com/news/clemson-parts-ways-with-baseball-coach-jack-leggett/33398310

He's had his chances to retire. Clemson has no obligation to keep a coach around who can't adjust to changes in the college baseball landscape and is slowly running the program down.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The final eight are set..

Saturday

Virginia vs. Arkansas - The Cavaliers return to Omaha coming off a clean run through the Lake Elsinore region and a sweep of former conference rival Maryland in the Supers. The defending runner ups take on Arkansas, who ran through the Stillwater region before going the distance with a game Missouri State team in the Supers

Miami (Florida) vs. Florida: Two of the seeded teams left in the tournament, the Florida schools have combined to only lose once in the first two rounds. Something will have to give here

Sunday

LSU vs. TCU: The Tigers are the highest remaining seeded team left after blitzing through the first two rounds on their home field. They face a TCU team that is extremely battle tested, going through the loser's bracket at home in the regional, then having to survive a 16 inning street fight with former conference rival Texas A&M in order to reach Omaha.

Cal State Fullerton vs. Vanderbilt: The defending national champion Commodores return to Omaha to defend their crown after going through the first two rounds with ease. Now, they take on a Cal State Fullerton team that has history in Omaha, but not any recent history. The Titans won in Louisville to get here

Archived