NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love those marks for the Thunder, but as noted neither is really primary-worthy. Maybe try taking the Thunder wordmark and adding a light blue/navy storm cloud above it. The roundness of the cloud and angularity of the wordmark would pair nicely, IMO. 

The Nets logo is fantastic but my one complaint is that the ball outline stops before iterates the arch which makes it look sloppy in my opinion. If you connected the ball to the arch it would look a whole lot better. I'm with what others noted before about the OKC logo looking more like a secondary than a primary. But overall this is a fantastic series. 

15 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

For the Nets and Thunder I think that the city name should be added into the primary logo like how it is on the word marks. The blank spots make them look kind of bare. Great job on all of these. 

Chalk that one up to just being too tired, lol. You're right, they should be there! Here's all three (with both OKC and BKN edited) again so people don't need to go back a page.

Pistons.png

Thunder2.png

Nets2.png

40 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Detroit and updated Thunder look great. What was changed with Brooklyn?

As requested/acknowledged, I re-added "Brooklyn" into the Primary, closed off the basketball under the "NETS", and also made the lines on the basketball portion slightly thinner to better match the rest of the mark. As well as SUBTLE tweaks to the bridge itself.

4 minutes ago, derschwigg said:

As requested/acknowledged, I re-added "Brooklyn" into the Primary, closed off the basketball under the "NETS", and also made the lines on the basketball portion slightly thinner to better match the rest of the mark. As well as SUBTLE tweaks to the bridge itself.

Ah now I see it. Thanks!

Hey pal you've done a great job with these since I last checked in. For OKC I think if you married your two attempts you might have a pretty dynamic piece. What I'm saying is try putting the cloud over the "OKC" and for Brooklyn would you consider adding a basketball net to the bottom half around the ball to mirror the shape of the top half? Great job!

OKC is great. Love the logos, font and colors. Miles ahead of what they use now. So simple yet you nailed it. 

Brooklyn is absolutely incredible. The only slight change that I think would be cool is putting netting material/patterns into the cables of the bridge. Or even a subtle hoop on top of the bridge? 

Miami is A+ also. 

Pistons is cool, but I don't think the average person would have any idea what that is. 

sig.png

8 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Pistons is cool, but I don't think the average person would have any idea what that is. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=titans+logo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi71eu94v3KAhXK5SYKHfyCDHoQ_AUIBygB&biw=1667&bih=840#imgrc=R52tw5AKXlolDM%3A

Is it a thumbtack?

tinysig.jpg

Archived