NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it up close, but holding it away it looks too 90's. Maybe reduce the stripes in the ball or thicken them. Also IMO the wordmark would match the logo better if it was all together like one word but 'Portland' and 'Trailblazers' were different colors. I've tried this before and to me it looks really cool.

I really like your Sixers logo.

The Knicks has a good idea, but needs some better execution.

-the wordmark could be bigger and bolder, but not that much bigger

-I like the apple but the basketball stitching looks like it's either beat up (with stitches) or scrunched up

Other than these, the logo is original and new. Very nice.

Knicks - The apple is too round, and given that it is orange, it just comes off as an orange. Perhaps narrow the bottom of the apple a bit more. I might also update the reflection on the apple to have more of a window pane look. That is definitely a personal preference, but for whatever reason, when I think of an apple drawn out (in pencil, in AI, clipart, etc.) I think of that "window pane" reflection. Must have just seen it when I was much younger and it stuck. Regardless of personal reasoning, I think it would also better portray the apple -- the reflection would be more at the top, enhancing the narrower base instead of the roundness of the "orange."

Is any of that making sense?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Thanks for the kind words!

I don't know why I didn't think of it before...this is a rebranding project. I'm not beholden to the teams original colors. If I change the Knicks from orange to red (GASP.) I think it'll clear up a bit of confusion. Alternately, I think the blue "shard" covering the bottom half of the logo is making it hard for people to tell it's an apple. It is, I swear! I'll play around with it later.

Some thoughts about the Knicks concept... The apple as part of the Knicks logo is not a bad idea. And it is fine to change colors of a team in a rebrand. But orange and blue are not only long time colors of the Knicks as well as the colors of the city's flag, but they also are the Dutch national colors. The Knickerbocker name specifically references New York's Dutch history so changing the colors would be a poor choice for this team. If the apple can't be made to work, removing it would be a minor loss as the apple already is associated with another orange and blue NY sports team and the apple itself is only a minor symbol of NY among many.

The 76ers logo is pretty nice, although it sort of looks like the Sixers are yet another entrant in the 2016 Presidential election.

Archived