NBA Rebrand :: Sonics Added! - 31/31

derschwigg

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/3/2016 at 8:27 PM, derschwigg said:

I'm crazy happy people love the Bulls mark! 

Before I tackle the Pelicans (and Sonics!), I wanted to go back and take care of a team I wasn't thrilled with the first time. 

Lakers2.png.c340c53fb9fe8676b49bd06728e5

Here's my second go at the Lakers - I'm much happier with this than the original.

If you put the L and the A in the same color as the other letters and you stay the star inside the A only that will be perfect. Amazing logo

whereicomefrom.png

On 11/3/2016 at 9:10 PM, derschwigg said:

I'll see what I can do with the wordmark interaction - good idea. My intent was that it would simply color swap - the blue becomes the yellow, or it could even become a white.

I was on Dribbble the other day and took a cue from Aurélien Mahaut for the next team - here's the new look Bulls.

Bulls.png

If they think to change, they must choose your logo ;) PERFECT!

whereicomefrom.png

Well, it took a lot longer than I expected - almost losing an entire hard drive's worth of work will really put a damper on a project - but the current NBA roster of teams is now complete. Here's the Pelicans, but I'm also going to tackle the Seattle Sonics before I fully close the book on this project.

Pelicans.png

The Bulls logo is great, but I'm a little disappointed about the Pelicans redesign because the resemblance with the logo further down, that has been used on "bourbonstreetshots.com", is striking.

images.jpeg

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

2 minutes ago, Go Red Sox! said:

The Bulls logo is great, but I'm a little disappointed about the Pelicans redesign because the resemblance with the logo further down, that has been used on "bourbonstreetshots.com", is striking.

images.jpeg

Dammit. That sucks. I can assure you it's completely coincidental, but I can't deny they're very similar at a compositional level.

I'm not an expert on the anatomy of a pelican, but the bird used has really small wings and the body looks fat. The head looks nice though.

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

I really like the logo and the updated colours fit nickname and brand. The bill could maybe be straightened a bit more, considering they use their beak to pierce fish (sometimes, usually they just swallow it up).

My aunt lives in New Orleans so naturally I showed her this concept. She really liked it (kudos) but she said the current colours might look better. It fits in with the French heritage and the French Quarter culture. Might be something to think about.

I love the wordmark but I don't know if yellow is the right choice for the highlight on the right side of the Needle. I think if you differentiate it from the basketball it would stand out more because it kind of gets lost now. Maybe adding a small white highlight to go with the yellow would be the only suggestion I would have

It's really good. One nitpick would be to eliminate the little detail on the needle in favour of one line going horizontal. The logo feels bold and broad but the details seem to clutter the top. Do you know what I mean? Sorry if I'm not clear.

All in all, it's been a great series.

2 hours ago, derschwigg said:

And here's the would-be Sonics! If I can find the time, I'll go back and revise the Pelicans soon.Sonics.png.d891e9af9d73ae34d58b415ce3fb7

I prefer this one with a bright yellow. Great work.

I hope you can do more logo. Everybody of us enjoy with your designs. Bravo!!!

whereicomefrom.png

Digging the Sonics. The composition is nice and the double green works really well. I'm not sure if I think the top of the Space Needle is too detailed...I'd have to see a simpler version and compare. I do think the seams on the basketball are a little too curvy. Tone those down a bit and you have a winner. 

3 hours ago, mbannon92 said:

I do think the seams on the basketball are a little too curvy. Tone those down a bit and you have a winner. 

I agree with this. I noticed the same thing with the basketball lines as they near the bottom of the ball. The curve doesn't necessarily have to be exactly perfect to reality, but they should be close. 

On the Pelicans, I think it's a nice simple rendering of the bird. At the very least, it's a nice simplification of the Pelicans logo Go Red Sox posted, even if it was unintentional. But as others have said, right now the pelican looks overweight and needs a neck. If you just shifted the head up and to the right, it would give a better impression that there's a neck and at the same time it could make the bird thinner. With some cleaning up and accurate anatomy, the Pelican could be one of your best yet. Very clean style.

Archived