Can you read this?

Gordie

I read it immediately, but I don't think I would have if not for the fact that the topic indicated that I should be trying to read something. I think most people would just look at it as a series of shapes, and I agree with those who have said that they might look more like masks than barrels (though I didn't see either on my own).

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

I think getting rid of the bungs makes the barrels look less like faces.

OBBW_zpsjp74eg3z.png

This'll probably never be used, but if it was, it'd also include 'Brewers' and maybe have a team logo with it as well, so hopefully the barrels would be easier to identify.

It started with the idea of having an 'O' logo for Omaha, in the shape of a beer barrel, for 'Brewers'. That led to wondering, "What would it look like if the whole word 'Omaha' was spelled in barrel-shaped letters?" This was my take on it.

Thanks for the feedback!

I could immediately read it, but that doesn't make it a strong wordmark. There is too much going on, but I do think the O barrel is a very good idea for a logo.

Agreed. My first thought was that they were treasure chests, but the idea behind it and the colors are really good.

I think if you took the barrels out it would be clearer that the team is Omaha but then you'd be left to figure out how to convey beer making. Granted your primary can do this but if the intent is that the wordmark show it as well, then this is a good start.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Or, add some very thin, faint pinstripes that represent the slats between the boards. Not thick enough to distract, but a little detail so they are clearly barrels.

I gave that a try. I think it helps a little, but overall, I think the problem is the barrel hoops. If you remove them from the 'O' and 'M', the letters are easier to identify, but you lose the uniformity of the barrels.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. It was never meant to be the main wordmark - we just wanted to see if we could make a quirky throwback logo with beer barrel-shaped letters.

Thanks for the input, guys. I appreciate the feedback. ;)

OBBW3_zpsu6w0zgwe.png

I don't understand the squiggly lines on the top two - the barrel slats (?) are straight, so these lines look more organic than manufactured - like they're big, miscolored watermelons on end.

The second two lose the whole point since they're not recognizable as barrels.

It's clever, but maybe too clever by half.

Archived