CCSLN Theme Park Logo Thread

DTConcepts

There are two locally.

Darien Lake in Corfu, NY outer ring suburb of Buffalo, which used to be associated with Six Flags but is now independant. It has amusement rides and a full water park. It actually started in the late 70's as just a water park.

Current Logo

Darien_Lake_Resort_logo_zpsxqtgkbhl.png

Previous one

darien-lake-theme-park-resort-profile_zp

We also have Fantasy Island in Grand Island NY, between Buffalo and Niagara Falls, which is geared more to the "Under 12" Crowd.

41755_s_zpsn5xgwkxt.jpg

logo_canadaswonderland.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm not a big fan of amusement parks, but Dollywood (Pigeon Forge, TN) has to be the one I've enjoyed the most:

362px-Dollywood_logo.svg.png

EDIT: @nash61, Canada's Wonderland's logo reminds me of King's Island (Mason, OH), which is also a theme park:

Kings-Island-logo.png

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

35 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

Take out some of the gradients and little details and this would actually be a solid athletic logo. As a ride logo, it's one of the best.

image.jpeg

(In case you can't tell, this is at Canada's Wonderland)

I like it, but the neck seems too long and the jaw/teeth don't look right. It's a great logo, otherwise.

On 8/9/2016 at 0:57 PM, nash61 said:

logo_canadaswonderland.png

Reminds me of this --

PAL_DutchWonderland.png

And then there is my favorite amusement park --

hersheypark_kiss_color_2008-1024x332.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

41 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Reminds me of this --

PAL_DutchWonderland.png

And then there is my favorite amusement park --

hersheypark_kiss_color_2008-1024x332.jpg

I spent a good bit of time at both of these as a kid (grew up in Lancaster, PA). I haven't been to either in years, but I drive past DW when on my way to my parents' house.

I wish the Hershey logo still had the rainbow ferris wheel thing on it, but I like how versatile the new one is for Halloween, Christmas and stuff

de7304d0-f32f-0131-6d78-0aa0f90d87b4.jpg

On 8/9/2016 at 1:00 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

EDIT: @nash61, Canada's Wonderland's logo reminds me of King's Island (Mason, OH), which is also a theme park:

Kings-Island-logo.png

Both parks are owned by Cedar Fair, and were both previously owned by Paramount from 1993-2006. Paramount parks had a logo template that included the movie studio logo and a standard typeface. Cedar Fair parks used to have unique logos for each park, but after they acquired the Paramount parks, they introduced new logos for all the parks based on the style and typeface of Cedar Point's logo. The only park that didn't adopt the Cedar Point typeface is Knott's Berry Farm.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, burgundy said:

Both parks are owned by Cedar Fair, and were both previously owned by Paramount from 1993-2006. Paramount parks had a logo template that included the movie studio logo and a standard typeface. Cedar Fair parks used to have unique logos for each park, but after they acquired the Paramount parks, they introduced new logos for all the parks based on the style and typeface of Cedar Point's logo. The only park that didn't adopt the Cedar Point typeface is Knott's Berry Farm.

correct.

Carowinds (Charlotte NC/ Ft.Mill SC) was in that group too. the property is on the NC/SC state line so they promoted both state flags on the old logos.

2000px-Carowinds_logo.svg.png

Carowinds_logo.jpg

40th-JPEG-300x212.jpg

3584160.jpg

logo_purple.gif

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Add Kings Dominion (just north of Richmond) to the list.

2000px-Kings_Dominion_logo.svg.png

pkd_logo_2004.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived