Ice Cube, and Allen Iverson formally announce the BIG3 (3-on-3 Professional Basketball League).

Luke_Groundrunner

40 minutes ago, buzzcut said:

CBS and CBS Sports Network have picked up the BIG 3:

Smart move since they have plenty of open ad blocks in summer. FS1 can use baseball and other programs to fill those in, CBS cannot.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which channel is available in more homes, FS1 or CBS Sports Net?

I have FS1 on my basic HD package with Xfinity, but would need to upgrade if I wanted CBSSN

Hotter Than July > Thriller

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Which channel is available in more homes, FS1 or CBS Sports Net?

I have FS1 on my basic HD package with Xfinity, but would need to upgrade if I wanted CBSSN.

FS1 by far.  CBSSN is  only in as little as 44M to as many as 50M homes. FS1 is in 83M.

5 hours ago, dfwabel said:

FS1 by far.  CBSSN is  only in as little as 44M to as many as 50M homes. FS1 is in 83M.

I see. I'm guessing BIG3 will air it's Friday night games on CBSSN and the Saturday games on regular CBS

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

FS1 has more TVs now but with college sports done in June who wantscreruns of PBR all day?

After losing UFC you would have thought Fox would have wanted to keep as much live programming under their channel as possible.

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I see. I'm guessing BIG3 will air it's Friday night games on CBSSN and the Saturday games on regular CBS

After losing UFC you would have thought Fox would have wanted to keep as much live programming under their channel as possible.

Saturday is MLB. Sunday is MLS.

And Fox teamed up with Al Haymond and his PBC boxing brand to replace UFC on Fox and they partner with the PPV side with this four year contract. Ten cards will be on Fox and an additional 12 cards will be on FS1 each year.

But as I wrote earlier in the thread, Ice Cube and his partners in the Big3 were not really in line with the direction which "New Fox" was going to go after the asset sale to Disney was announced.

According to a post on their official facebook page (and I'll assume on other official BIG3 social media) BIG3 games will be on Saturdays and Sundays this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Two Items.

Item #1: Their 2019 schedule is out. In moving to 12 teams, there will be just six teams in your city

Week 1: Detroit (June 22); Indianapolis (June 23)

Week 2: Charlotte (June 29); Philadelphia (June 30)

Week 3: Birmingham (July 6); Atlanta (July 7)

Week 4: Providence (July 13); Brooklyn (July 14)

Week 5: Kansas City (July 20); Oklahoma City (July 21)

Week 6: TBA

Week 7: Chicago (August 3); TBA

Week 8: TBA

Week 9: Dallas (August 17); San Antonio (August 18)

Playoffs: TBA (August 25)

Championship: Los Angeles (September 1)

Item #2: Front Office Sports had a feature on Big3 today.  More fluff than content.

We don't have anywhere in Seattle for Big3 to play, unless they mean Hec Ed at UW.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 5:44 PM, dfwabel said:

Two Items.

Item #1: Their 2019 schedule is out. In moving to 12 teams, there will be just six teams in your city

Week 1: Detroit (June 22); Indianapolis (June 23)

Week 2: Charlotte (June 29); Philadelphia (June 30)

Week 3: Birmingham (July 6); Atlanta (July 7)

Week 4: Providence (July 13); Brooklyn (July 14)

Week 5: Kansas City (July 20); Oklahoma City (July 21)

Week 6: TBA

Week 7: Chicago (August 3); TBA

Week 8: TBA

Week 9: Dallas (August 17); San Antonio (August 18)

Playoffs: TBA (August 25)

Championship: Los Angeles (September 1)

Item #2: Front Office Sports had a feature on Big3 today.  More fluff than content.

The remainder of the schedule named last week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/big3-announces-remainder-of-2019-season-schedule-playoffs-to-take-place-in-new-orleans/

As the BIG3 prepares for its third season and first on the CBS networks, they've announced the remainder of their schedule. As part of an official press release from league owners Ice Cube and Jeff Kwatinetz, the BIG3 will visit Salt Lake City on July 27, Milwaukee on August 4, Miami on August 10 and New Orleans on August 25 for the playoffs.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:25 PM, DG_Now said:

We don't have anywhere in Seattle for Big3 to play, unless they mean Hec Ed at UW.

Key arena is still open, WNBA plays there

Excellent!

32 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Key arena is still open, WNBA plays there

I assure you, it's not. It's under construction now for the new NHL team. The Storm are playing at Hec Ed this year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I assure you, it's not. It's under construction now for the new NHL team. The Storm are playing at Hec Ed this year.

Aren't they also playing a few home games in Everett?

I would guess that the WNBA would love to be in the same position the MLS is in now: growth and expansion. 

• 4 weeks later...

Nice start, Royce White.

https://www.cbssports.com/big3/news/big3-opening-weekend-josh-smith-royce-white-ejected-in-league-debuts-after-early-scuffle-in-detroit/

Royce White was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 BIG3 draft last month, but his first game in the league did not go so well. He was completely unaware of the shot clock on the opening possession, and failed to get a shot off, then got ejected just a short time later.

Early in the Enemies' matchup with Bivouac, White tried to take the ball to the basket and drew a foul on former NBA All-Star Josh Smith. Upset about the call, Smith started complaining to the referee, then turned his attention to White, and the two started jawing at each other.

They eventually got face-to-face and Smith put a little forearm into White to try to clear some space, which White didn't take too well. At that point it could have gotten ugly, but they tied each other's hands up and were only able to push back and forth for a few seconds before they were broken up.

Archived