High School Football Uniforms 2017

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2017 at 10:47 PM, andycumbee19 said:

This is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. Might be the worst I've ever seen in person.

Apparently the folks in the first row couldn't read the numbers, much less the spotters.

TLand uniform.jpg

Thank heavens for the sleeve caps at least.  I had this nightmare Friday night.  At least the home team spotter knew which kids were which. Grey jersey, camouflage number outlined in dark green.  Of course the kids designed them themselves!

HSPic.jpg

It's where I sit.

[Image]

Cleveland, OH Saint Ignatius. #1 team in the state. 

[Image]

A look at the pants stripes. They were with UA but switched to Nike, i believe last year or this year. 

[Image]

Youngstown Boardman vs Massillon. I hope OHSAA bans those Massillon jerseys next season. 

[Image]

Meadowbrook Colts (white) vs Indian Valley Braves. A better look at their horse logo which would probably be better served to be white as opposed to brown with white outline.

[Image]

Fairless Falcons. Another hard to see number set.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2017 at 1:28 PM, MJWalker45 said:

[Image]

Massillon broke out brand new away uniforms for the Massillon-McKinley game, using the Vapor Untouchable template.

[Image]

Look at the back of the ghost dog helmets for McKinley.

[Image]

Massillon with the victory bell.

I could be wrong, but those look like the vapor pro template in these photos 

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

They are the high school version of it. They wore Mach Speed all season up until that game so I wouldn't be surprised to see this template replace all of the team's uniforms next season.

Yeah, the high school version is either the vapor pro or the vapor varsity.. Tough to tell from the limited photos.. Pretty sure it's not the vapor untouchable though 

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2017 at 11:00 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Image result for san antonio lee football

Robert E. Lee Volunteers. After the school board stated they were were changing the name it was changed to Legacy of Educational Excellence high school.

So Lee will become L.E.E. High School next year.

And the new logo is . . . . 

xnZ1GIO.jpg

A service dog! The new mascot was voted on by the students last week. Now word on what other options were available to choose from. Colors remain the same so that saved the school a good bit of cash as green and grey was discussed as the replacement. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/15/2018 at 1:17 PM, WavePunter said:

I'm almost certain it's not.. You can tell by what looks like a chest seam.. VU doesn't have that seam

They are the Vapor Untouchable.  My company sold them to them.  I'm looking at the order in our system.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

They are the Vapor Untouchable.  My company sold them to them.  I'm looking at the order in our system.

Nike either changed the vapor untouchable template, or added a few versions to it.. If you look at the original iterations, there was no seam across the chest.. It was essentially a seamless jersey except for the Y-shaped seams on the back and the sleeves.. Now, they've included a version with the chest seam that originated with the Ole Miss/LSU-style shoulder stripes.. It's under the VU umbrella, but it's certainly not the true Vapor Untouchable originally unveiled for Oregon and the Pro Bowl

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Nike either changed the vapor untouchable template, or added a few versions to it.. If you look at the original iterations, there was no seam across the chest.. It was essentially a seamless jersey except for the Y-shaped seams on the back and the sleeves.. Now, they've included a version with the chest seam that originated with the Ole Miss/LSU-style shoulder stripes.. It's under the VU umbrella, but it's certainly not the true Vapor Untouchable originally unveiled for Oregon and the Pro Bowl

Correct, the NikeTeam version that’s sold to high schools and colleges through the dealer network has the seam that runs across the upper chest.  This was likely done for production purposes so that the panels would all the same when factoring in the LSU stripe version.  It’s similar, but not exactly, like the Bengals version of the VU this past year.  I’m sure there could be minor other differences but the fabric and general cut and fit are mostly the same. 

Archived