NLL Expansion 2018

Jer15

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Logos can change (or at least be tweaked)...as the other two said, just be happy the Wings are back!

It's completely fine they changed the logo.

In fact, I would argue the old logo was out of date. But I still do not like this one. If I came off as "sour" or pissed off about this, I'm not. 

I just think this logo looks like it belongs on the front of an MMA Camp's shirt, not a lacrosse jersey. 

If they took the "extra wings" off and just had a stylized "W" with wings on the side, I think it'd be much better. I also think they should drop the khaki/vegas gold/whatever that colour is supposed to be. Black and red, that's the Wing's colours. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 2 weeks later...

The Seals have unveiled their primary jersey.

"eh" 

T1rZ1F5.png

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 3 weeks later...

Since I can't find any other NLL thread...

The Roughnecks changed their home and away jerseys from a not good templated look to their existing alternate template which means the derricks and the riveted numbers are back full time.

Roughnecks12.jpg

That grey arm stripe gets a bit lost on the whites though.

And I think I count seven decals on the helmets. Think that's enough?

IbjBaeE.png

12 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Since I can't find any other NLL thread...

The Roughnecks changed their home and away jerseys from a not good templated look to their existing alternate template which means the derricks and the riveted numbers are back full time.

Roughnecks12.jpg

That grey arm stripe gets a bit lost on the whites though.

And I think I count seven decals on the helmets. Think that's enough?

Yeah, it's nice to see the derricks and rivets in the numbers back on the jersey. When Reebok took over and removed them, it really made their uniforms plain. For a while there, I felt like Colorado and Calgary looked very similar.

I like that teams have these unique little elements to set them apart.

The helmet thing, on the other hand, I do not like. Rochester being the worst of the bunch (especially considering their very "hockey like" jerseys).

DSC_9618.jpg

Continuing on @monkeypower thought: 

There really was no big reveal this year for new uniforms (well expect the San Diego one). So here's a quick recap of what's changed (besides Calgary as @monkeypower has pointed out)

Rochester: as per the picture above, they had a teal jersey with diagonal text as their away jersey. This year (as @sohiosportsfreak had alluded to) they changed to purple with the logo on the front

jersey_new_360x.jpg?v=1511811536

Vancouver: slight changes to the home and away this year. The main difference being the shoulder patches on the black and the Inuit art style design on the bottom of both jerseys

2017_White_Stealth_Jersey_large.jpg?v=142017_Black_Stealth_Jersey_large.jpg?v=14

Finally Saskatchewan has a whole new set. All 3 have a different look. The black jersey kind of reminds me of Buffalo's look. The white jersey is basically a green/black version of the Winnipeg Jets jersey with the side panels that the black jersey has. Finally, a green 3rd (which I really like but would prefer the use the regular logo instead of just the "R"). 

34febc3704a0d8672796ebeab891445a9ee541cd3ac4acf606dd922ef052f5c299d07128da89a0c7f3313fca849f30cf0d9ec13f90d7f5196555b474

Funny side note: New England doesn't even sell jerseys in their team store online. WTF? 

• 4 months later...

Philly released their new primary jersey today

Dffr0g6WsAE08Mk.jpg:large

I don't like the numbers on the back (find them hard to read) but I do like what they did with the shoulders. 

Looks like there's going to be a big shake up in ownership in the NLL as well.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/knighthawks-could-be-sold-to-pegula-sports-current-owner-curt-styres-to-get-halifax-expansion-team/52529 

The TL;DR is that the Pegulas (who own Buffalo) are buying Rochester. Current Knighthawks owner (Curt Styres) is getting an expansion team in Halifax and, San Diego owner (Joseph Tsai, who recently took over majority ownership of the Nets) is looking to add a second team to the league in Long Island. Finally, the league has registered a trademark on "Boston Shamrocks" (not sure why it wouldn't be Blazers) but there's no significant movement there. 

Don't mind that Black jersey but why have gold highlights on the wings but not have gold wings on the shoulders?

The red on the sides but gold for the wrist is strange.

There'll be plenty of opportunities for clash/aways with all those colors.

Looking forward to seeing the new lot of expansion ideas.

Also hopefully the Seals dump that Sega wordmark.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Not expansion, barely even relocation, but more changes for the NLL this off-season. The Canucks ownership bought the Stealth and are moving them to Vancouver proper. 

New name/logo coming.

http://nll.com/news/nll-approves-sale-of-the-vancouver-stealth/ 

8 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Not expansion, barely even relocation, but more changes for the NLL this off-season. The Canucks ownership bought the Stealth and are moving them to Vancouver proper. 

New name/logo coming.

http://nll.com/news/nll-approves-sale-of-the-vancouver-stealth/ 

Interesting.

They will be at the Rogers Centre i'm guessing?

7 hours ago, Dilbert said:

There goes the owning more than one team rule.

Please don't name it Halifax or Atlantic, go with Nova Scotia.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

5 hours ago, tigers said:

There wasn't one in the first place, evidently.  That's a product of the old 19th century baseball owners who cannibalized one team for sake of another.  Nowadays leagues have things in place that prevent such things (commissioner veto of trades and player transactions, dispersal drafts in the event of a franchise disbanding, etc.)

nav-logo.png

10 hours ago, tigers said:

Interesting.

Please don't name it Halifax or Atlantic, go with Nova Scotia.

Please name them the Rochester Knighthawks and nothing else. 

Cheering against and hating Rochester is one of the best parts of the NLL, and I would hate for that to be taken away from me.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

14 hours ago, tigers said:

Interesting.

Yup!

8 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

There wasn't one in the first place, evidently.  That's a product of the old 19th century baseball owners who cannibalized one team for sake of another.  Nowadays leagues have things in place that prevent such things (commissioner veto of trades and player transactions, dispersal drafts in the event of a franchise disbanding, etc.)

Yup, the NLL commissioner (Nick Sakiewicz) has come out and said that there is no such rule in the NLL. 

4 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Please name them the Rochester Knighthawks and nothing else. 

Cheering against and hating Rochester is one of the best parts of the NLL, and I would hate for that to be taken away from me.

Lol, I agree but on a more serious note: this team has been around for almost 25 years. I'd hate to see it move just because the owner wants a different market and isn't willing to accept an expansion team. 

He wants to be in Halifax, they've given him an option to get there and save Rochester but, he's still not happy. Doesn't look good on MR. Styres

4 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Yup, the NLL commissioner (Nick Sakiewicz) has come out and said that there is no such rule in the NLL. 

Lol, I agree but on a more serious note: this team has been around for almost 25 years. I'd hate to see it move just because the owner wants a different market and isn't willing to accept an expansion team. 

He wants to be in Halifax, they've given him an option to get there and save Rochester but, he's still not happy. Doesn't look good on MR. Styres

I think the concept of restricting ownership to a single team is a little outdated, provided there are adequate safeguards in place to prevent competition issues.

I'm betting on Halifax being expansion and the Pegulas taking over Rochester.  Of course I don't know anything, but if I had to guess the best route to take, that'd be it.

nav-logo.png

Archived