NFL Logos by MCrosby - PROJECT COMPLETE

mcrosby

On 3/8/2018 at 10:52 AM, mcrosby said:

Alright, while I'm still feeling good about completing the project: If the NFL were to expand to a European conference - 8 teams - which cities should they play in and what would you call them? The NFLEurope of olde all but turned into a German league, I'd like the league to stay spread throughout the continent. 

Up to me: 

• London (Monarchs)
  • Rome (Wolves or Lupi di Roma)
  • Paris 
  • Berlin 
  • Frankfurt (Galaxy or Frankfurter Galaxie)
  • Barcelona (Dragons or Dragones de Barcelona)
  • Amsterdam (Admirals or Amsterdamse Admiraals)
  • Athens 
  • Warsaw
  • Moscow

@mcrosby, it’s really interesting to see that you’re planning to expand the league to 42 teams, and revive football in Europe.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been an amazing thread and props to all the amazing work @mcrosby

For the most part all of these are fantastic. Although there are a few that, just aren’t there yet. The few I don’t really like are,

the Ravens, the beak and flag combo doesn’t really work in my opinion, and I like the purple bird more than the black. Although I like the gold beak.

the Titans, it instantly reminds me of the Vikings logo, and flames don’t really remind someone of a Greek god. I feel like there was a better path than going down a mascot route. Is it an upgrade still? Yeah, just in the wrong direction.

the Bengals, doesn’t really look like anything besides a c, just as boring as our current logo. Appreciate that it’s a c for cinch And not a b for bengals.

the

the Seahawks, It’s a nice idea, but it just doesn’t work out, keep the grey and kick green to more of an accent color like it is now.

Giants, Falcons and Panthers, are pretty lateral movements. Some more detail on the eyes on the panthers would help. Removing volt would put falcons as one of my favorites. And giants, similar to Seattle, just doesn’t work for me

Bills, Cardinals, Buccaneers, and 49ers are all the best in my books. Although it was kinda hard to choose :P

Thanks for sharing the great work

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

5 hours ago, Gman13 said:

@mcrosby, it’s really interesting to see that you’re planning to expand the league to 42 teams, and revive football in Europe.

If the NFL is going to go international, and specifically to London, I'd like to see enough teams to allow for each team to play 6 games in division without leaving the continent but still enough to give an even number to each conference. AFC+4 NFC+4

Sidenote, Pittsburgh got a lot of flak, so here's that concept with some brand context: 

steelerswordmark.png

or

steelerswordmark.png

7 hours ago, mcrosby said:

If the NFL is going to go international, and specifically to London, I'd like to see enough teams to allow for each team to play 6 games in division without leaving the continent but still enough to give an even number to each conference. AFC+4 NFC+4

Sidenote, Pittsburgh got a lot of flak, so here's that concept with some brand context: 

steelerswordmark.png

or

steelerswordmark.png

I freaking love the I-beam inspired wordmark, thats genius!

19 hours ago, mcrosby said:

steelerswordmark.png

or

steelerswordmark.png

Admittedly, the logo concept wasn't my favorite (hard to please Pittsburgh fan here) but man those wordmark concepts are great. The I-beam Pitt is brilliant. Bravo. Made this ol' senile Steelers fan happy.

While the I-beam look is definitely a great nod to Pittsburgh, please allow me to mention that the technically correct abbreviation of Pittsburgh is PGH, for whatever reason.

bufg.png

3 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

But would Steelers' fans wear a shirt that says PGH or PITT?

As a NYer, my first thought when I see Pitt is the college.

I've got my own quirks as a Bills fan (i.e. the ONLY team actually located in NY), so maybe some die-hard Steelers fans would jump on board with PGH.

bufg.png

On 3/13/2018 at 1:45 AM, mcrosby said:

steelerswordmark.png

or

steelerswordmark.png

These are both great. Maybe a combo of both? Keeping the beam and the stencil/hole effect

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived