Color Rush Thursday is dead

DeFrank

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends, we are digitally gathered here today to say good bye to an old friend,  new acquaintance who could bait the most conservative of clickers. 

We were all introduced to Color Rush as it charged out the gate like a true multi-million marketing plan should be stumbled out the gate in a way that made Mark Sanchez's butt fumble look like a well choreographed ballet. Some highlights of that first year included the infamous color blind blunder of 2015,

14COLORS1-master768.jpg

The league and Nike truly went all in when the League's scheduling department and Nike's design arm collaborated to create Color Rush Thursday match ups with teams with the same color uniforms. Sadly though, somebody pulled the plug as such match ups like the Falcons-Bucs blood bowl were ruined by making the falcons wear white, turning Color Rush, into a half paced Color Jog.

So farewell Color Rush, you were truly a multi-million dollar marketing scheme that was executed by the intern from some D3 school in Idaho. Your clicks shall be missed. Goodnight, sweet prince. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

30 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

So farewell Color Rush, you were truly a multi-million dollar marketing scheme that was executed by the intern from some D3 school in Idaho. Your clicks shall be missed. Goodnight, sweet prince. 

Again, the uniforms are not going away.  They just won't be limited to Thursdays anymore.

39 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Friends, we are digitally gathered here today to say good bye to an old friend,  new acquaintance who could bait the most conservative of clickers. 

We were all introduced to Color Rush as it charged out the gate like a true multi-million marketing plan should be stumbled out the gate in a way that made Mark Sanchez's butt fumble look like a well choreographed ballet. Some highlights of that first year included the infamous color blind blunder of 2015,

14COLORS1-master768.jpg

The league and Nike truly went all in when the League's scheduling department and Nike's design arm collaborated to create Color Rush Thursday match ups with teams with the same color uniforms. Sadly though, somebody pulled the plug as such match ups like the Falcons-Bucs blood bowl were ruined by making the falcons wear white, turning Color Rush, into a half paced Color Jog.

I’m sorry you took all this time to be witty, to be wrong as well.

He's not wrong, though.  It's true that teams can keep the parts of their Color Rush uniforms, and even wear them as a monochrome combination if they want, but there will no longer be any officially NFL designated "Color Rush" match-ups.  Which mean, I highly doubt we'll see any more color on color games.  As much as the monochrome alts, the color on color aspect of this failure was what was being pushed when they first trotted the idea out.  Now that's gone, unless two teams agree to give it a go (and i'm not sure why they'd care enough to do it) and the NFL gives it a thumbs up.

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

He's not wrong, though.  It's true that teams can keep the parts of their Color Rush uniforms, and even wear them as a monochrome combination if they want, but there will no longer be any officially NFL designated "Color Rush" match-ups.  Which mean, I highly doubt we'll see any more color on color games. 

I wish I was as certain as you.  

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I wish I was as certain as you.  

Oh, I could be wrong, but you know, in the end we barely even saw it on Thursday nights.  It was such a poorly thought out fiasco, that last year it seems one team wore all white about as often as both wore color. I think one of the reasons it got dropped is that they realized the occasions in which both teams could safely wear color were much less prevalent than the imagined going in.

On 4/12/2018 at 4:51 PM, guest23 said:

I remember back in the early 00's nike did a line of alt throwback nba swingman jerseys in current team colors which were really cool.

We have different definitions of "really cool."

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived