Ducks concept

puckcool22

i just added a white version and a vintage syle alternate. I lightened the dark green, turning it back into anaheims true teal. Some people think anaheim is dark green and purple, some think it is teal. Looking at a picture of them playing san jose, the colors are very similar, so it is definitely teal. I cant get the exact color of more greenish teal i want becaus emy computer is being retarded, but this will do. For the vintage style I used dark green because it just looked right and more vintage.

Also- what I think this jersey really needs to be complete is a good duck logo.  Maybe Anaheims name coul djust be the Anaheim Ducks, instead of the mighty ducks of Anehiem.  If anyone is interested in making or has seen a somewhat feirce looking duck that isnt too cartoony please post it so i can put in the jersey, if you have no objections.  For now the current logos will do i guess.

signature.gif

For comparison:

MIGHTY DUCKS OF ANAHEIM JADE

SAN JOSE SHARKS DEEP PACIFIC TEAL

For the record -- who cares what they call it?  Teal, Aqua, Jade, Green - all that matters is what Pantones the team's are using...

:;):

Yeah...sorry - I'm not trying to keep it a secret...

I store the HTML value for each color in my ColorValue database, and just paste it into the post...

So, the colors you see in those posts are using the correct RGB values for the corresponding Pantone color.

im still trying to figure out how u do that Pantone  ???

< font size="6" color="00665C" >

That's how he does it.

No, no, it's magic. I'm sure of it.

Seeing the Ducks in action the last few weeks, their jade on the ice looks a lot more blue-ish than the Official RGB's I used when I made my Ducks concept. I noticed this a lot when I loaded my jerseys into NHL 2001. Is there a reason for this, Rev. Dr. Pantone (any linkstigators out there?) ? Are their thread colours different from the print colours, or am I just seeing things?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Unfortunately, I don't have the Pantone Textile colors that the Ducks use.  Actually - for some strange reason - I DO have the Textile for their Silver, but it's the only one.

For the NHL, I've really only got the Oilers' Textiles.  For their primary home and road - not the 3rd.  I'm always on the lookout for these though...

...oh, I should also mention - I wrote a program a while back that calculates the closest match between colors. So if you've got a Pantone solid color - say Red 186 C - and you want the closest Pantone Textile color to it, you can set the variance (plus or minus an increment value), determine whether to check RGB values or CMYK values, and run a query that returns all of the results. Works pretty well, although my research is showing me that teams don't always use the most obvious choice when coming up with Textiles. Part of the problem is that Pantone (the company, not me) only supplies official RGB values for Textiles, there are no official CMYK values. I calculate derived CMYKs from the RGBs, but they're not necessarily perfect.

If anyone is wanting to have me convert some colors, let me know...

P.S. The closest Pantone Textile to 186 C is PANTONE 18-1764 TC ("Lollipop")...

TEAL STICKS???  silver sticks would be fine, but green sticks?

[discrim breaking into rap]i got the magic stick/i'm about to hit once/i'ma hit twice[/discrim stopping his rap]

i got da magic stick

da magic stick :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived