NBA Europe Team 1: Sicily Sharks

AAO

Ok, so GMS1122 (Greg) took my Shark and fixed him up a bit. The image of the shark itself is significantly different than the previous shark. Greg also did the tertiary with the ball and wave. The colors are a very dark blue, lime, orange, and silver. We moved them from Florence to Sicily (an island off of the coast of Italy). (The other thread can be graveyarded.):

SicilySharksFinished.gif

Wow, that looks fantastic. I love the uniforms, colour palette and the updated shark. However, if its pectoral fin was rotated a bit more counterclockwise to make it more slanted, I think it might look even better. No big deal though.

Great work again.

trophy_silver.gif

You know, often it is the little things that really separate the professional quality logos from the rest, and this is an example. I just noticed the negative space under the H, A, R, and K are each in the shape of a dorsal fin. That is a fantastic idea.

The only thing I am not 100% impressed with is the tertiary. It could be great but right now it looks more like a sailboat sailing in front of the setting sun.

LT

AAO--

I have to say, this is one of my faves out of your works (and you've got a lot of good ones). The logo, style, uni look -- all is solid.

I especially like the color scheme. I am a big fan of lime green, as well as orange, and have always wondered how to get them together without looking like a bowl of Fruit Loops. Now I know-- this combo does it well. (I think I've got the trim color paint scheme for the boat I'm getting ready to fix up). I know on your description you mentioned the away jersey color as "very dark blue"; on my screen it is essentially coming out black. Not that it looks bad at all; I'd just like to see both a "black" version and one that really looks more "navy" to see which I'd like better.

Again, solid work, bro.....

It is what it is.

I just noticed the negative space under the H, A, R, and K are each in the shape of a dorsal fin. That is a fantastic idea.

thanks, yea i wanted to get it to look like the shape of a shark fin.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. And yea B-Rich, it does look black essentially but thats basically how it should be, theres only the slightest hint of navy blue in it.

Ok, so GMS1122 (Greg) took my Shark and fixed him up a bit. The image of the shark itself is significantly different than the previous shark. Greg also did the tertiary with the ball and wave. The colors are a very dark blue, lime, orange, and silver. We moved them from Florence to Sicily (an island off of the coast of Italy). (The other thread can be graveyarded.):

SicilySharksFinished.gif

You are the logo making God of these Boards!

Against All Odds

:notworthy::notworthy:

untitled-6.jpg

You know, often it is the little things that really separate the professional quality logos from the rest, and this is an example. I just noticed the negative space under the H, A, R, and K are each in the shape of a dorsal fin. That is a fantastic idea.

*notices it* O wow, there it is. I love negative space, and now that I noticed it, this concept has now gained a rating of "teh sh-t". :grin:

i just noticed that- wow this went from great to wicked awesome

Very cool guys. Awesome work.

The only thing I am not 100% impressed with is the tertiary.  It could be great but right now it looks more like a sailboat sailing in front of the setting sun.

Going with what LT said about the tertiary - could the line of the fin double as one of the seams on the basketball?

Edit: A sloppy mock-up:

sharkstert-sample.jpg

thanks for the comments guys, yea like i said gregg did a lot of work on the sharks. ill quote myself:

Ok, so GMS1122 (Greg) took my Shark and fixed him up a bit. The image of the shark itself is significantly different than the previous shark. Greg also did the tertiary with the ball and wave.

but greg i didnt have those colors on mine, and you know i didnt like the ball being there, thats why i had posted it without the ball as well.

Going with what LT said about the tertiary - could the line of the fin double as one of the seams on the basketball?

Edit: A sloppy mock-up:

thats a great idea.

I think that the logos are great! They are very professional looking. The only thing I noticed that I wasn't so fond of was the use of the colors. You have orange and lime green in your pallete but you don't use them hardly other than for striping, the basketball (orange), and all the outlines around you logos (lime). The lime is what initially caught my eye on the black unis.

Some suggested changes (to look at at least):

? Use those two colors in the panels of the jerseys not just the stripes.

? Find a way to put the colors into your wordmark. Maybe something like this.

SHA.png

KUHawks.png

Great work. I'd like to see more of the numeral font beyond a "1." But sadly, a very discouraging thought came to mind. Since this is a EUROPEAN team, then every square inch of the uniform HAS to be covered by 19,457 cheap-ass corporate sponsor logos. Otherwise the Euros won't know what it is. Good graphics and classy uniforms mean nothing to them. It's all about the logos, baby. Ugh! :mad:

This is pretty solid.

There is something sort of off about the shape of its body though. It's kind of got a bulbous head and then a long thin stretch before the tail. The bend of the tail seems to come very late. Depending on what species of shark this is (some are very thin, others heavy) could explain some of it. But I think it should be a little more streamlined. All heavy or all thin. Whites are very torpedo-shaped.

I'm also not wild about the mouth updates.....kind of has lips now? How about bringing in some of that orange for gums? Like if it was a white shark?

The blue outline/shape that comes in front of the dorsal.......might be part of what's making it look confusing. It resembles a crease or a fold or roll of fat etc.

All in all, cool colors, nice unis....custom wm. Nice as always boys.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

This is pretty solid.

There is something sort of off about the shape of its body though. It's kind of got a bulbous head and then a long thin stretch before the tail. The bend of the tail seems to come very late. Depending on what species of shark this is (some are very thin, others heavy) could explain some of it. But I think it should be a little more streamlined. All heavy or all thin. Whites are very torpedo-shaped.

I'm also not wild about the mouth updates.....kind of has lips now? How about bringing in some of that orange for gums? Like if it was a white shark?

The blue outline/shape that comes in front of the dorsal.......might be part of what's making it look confusing. It resembles a crease or a fold or roll of fat etc.

All in all, cool colors, nice unis....custom wm. Nice as always boys.

thanks for the thought out critique Sterling

i tried out a couple of your suggestions, first making the "gums" orange make our shark look as if he has lipstick on, the silver there is just meant as shading.

as for the body i agree that he's a little too thin near the end, im still working on fattening him up, i'll post the updates.

you were right about the blue in front of the dorsal fin, i took that out and it looks much better.

thanks again for the comments

Archived