NFL Rebrand Series

AHcreative

As the topic says, I've decided to once again attempt to re-do the NFL, pretty self-explanatory. I will (at some point or another) finish all 32 teams. Not all concepts will be a complete overhaul, and some may have some added alt logos, wordmarks, etc. Since I am doing all 32 teams, yes I will have to eventually do the Bears, Packers, Browns, etc. and I will have to modify those team's jerseys, so don't be upset and yell at me about tradition. Please.

My first concept is of course the New York Jets. Since the Jets share a city and stadium with the Giants, I've decided to add an alternate logo that somewhat shadows the Giants NY logo. Sort of how the Mets and Yanks have the vertically interlocking NY logo but with different fonts. Same idea here. I also brightened the green, more of a Kelly Green. The numbers remain the same, and I've brought back the late 70's to late 90's logo.

So, first off, here are the Jets:

Original Jets Concept

EDIT: UPDATE ON PAGE 3

Comments and criticism welcome and appreciated.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really, really like it, but I think that something about that "NY" logo looks eerily similar to the Giants' logo... which would never "fly" (get it? fly, jets? hahaha i'm so funny) with the G-Men.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I definitely like the Kelly green and 80s wordmark. The jerseys are a good mix of the different eras. I'm not crazy about the NY though. You got my thinking now about possible ways to do an NY that has the same type of wing top as the Jets wordmark.

mets.png

Alright, I'm finally done with the San Diego Chargers. I went with a clash of eras here. Using the blue helmet/yellow facemask and the yellow numbers from the 70s and 80s, and also using the powder blue. I modified their current logo to whereas the powder blue is the outside outline and the navy the inside. Kept the number font and updated the pant and shoulder stripe a little.

ChargersConcept1-1.png

ChargersConcept2-1.png

I really, really like it, but I think that something about that "NY" logo looks eerily similar to the Giants' logo... which would never "fly" (get it? fly, jets? hahaha i'm so funny) with the G-Men.

The only difference that is' green and italicized.

And the font's different, and the letters are CAPITALIZED. The Giant's 'NY' is really 'ny'.

Any comments on the Chargers?

And the font's different, and the letters are CAPITALIZED. The Giant's 'NY' is really 'ny'.

but it's still very similar. I like it a lot, but I just think it's too similar.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Any comments on the Chargers?

The bolts on the helmets and dark blue jerseys should be white with yellow and light blue outlines, and on the powder blues, the bolts should be white with yellow and dark blue outlines.

How are you guys creating those round badges? I assumed you guys photoshopped them, but I'm seeing a lot of people on these posts with them. Are you getting those done somewheres?

but it's still very similar. I like it a lot, but I just think it's too similar.

How are you guys creating those round badges? I assumed you guys photoshopped them, but I'm seeing a lot of people on these posts with them. Are you getting those done somewheres?

Yeah there is a thread called "Button Sigs" but you can do it yourself too in Photoshop pretty easily.

Back to topic...

Yeah, thanks for your imput... <_<

I'm going to start on the Bills tonight. In the meantime, any more comments?

I wasn't trying to be rude in any way. That was just the only thing I really noticed that kind of bothered me. I really, really liked your uniform. It has great colors, and the overall design is very good. I also love your other two, and I have no criticism about those. Please don't be angry with my criticism, I was just trying to help.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

I wasn't trying to be rude in any way. That was just the only thing I really noticed that kind of bothered me. I really, really liked your uniform. It has great colors, and the overall design is very good. I also love your other two, and I have no criticism about those. Please don't be angry with my criticism, I was just trying to help.

No dude, I wasn't sayin' that to you, I was saying that to shoenknife for asking about my sig without giving any imput to my designs. Sorry man, I didn't mean for you to think that that comment was directed towards you.

In the mean time, I'm bumping this up. I'd really like to get some more comments on these before I continue.

EDIT: Wait? You're a woman? On these boards? Cool, I always thought the community needed more diversity.

Nice job on the Bills. I'd rather them switch to the throwbacks full time, but I can't say I'd be disappointed in this.

And btw I'm a girl too. I just never said anything before because well, this community is so dominated by males that I was a bit afraid of getting treated differently. But right now I just say screw it.

I am not crazy about the bison without the stripe, but I am not real crazy about it with the stripe either. Living in Buffalo I am kinda used to it so it looks odd to me.

Good job removing the unnecessary colors from the uniforms though. The red, white and blue looks much better without the others. I think a darker blue and red would look a bit better though.

Question: are the logos on the sleeves on front and back or just the sides? You have the bison facing both front and back on the sleeves and I wondered if that was just a mistake or intentional.

bloodshot.png

yep... i'm a girl! i don't know any others on this board... i've sometimes wanted to say things that could be construed as "gay" if people thought i was a guy, which most people do if they don't see a pic of me... (not that there's anything wrong with being gay, it's just that im a heterosexual woman) lol

but yeah, thanks for clarifying... i felt bad that what i said maybe sounded mean...

Hi SG30!!

btw, i think a woman's touch needs to be on these boards... heck, we are traditionally the fashion desginers of this world! :P

EDIT:don't comment^ i don't need to hear any "that's what she said"s

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

Archived