Goalie Pad and Blocker Design

GUINNESS

How long before some over-zealous opposing coach lobby's that kids league to ban that pad design? You know that's coming

And would this pad design be legal at higher levels? Probably not the NHL or AHL, at least as long as Reebok rules those particular roosts, but what about college and junior hockey?

CCSLC signature.png

What I think is crazy is that this kid is trying to patent the idea. It is just goal net sewn onto the top of the pads and gloves. The product itself isn't even his product. Does anyone else think this is crazy?

What I think is crazy is that this kid is trying to patent the idea. It is just goal net sewn onto the top of the pads and gloves. The product itself isn't even his product. Does anyone else think this is crazy?

He had the idea, so he is patenting the idea. He doesn't have to make the product itself to patent the idea behind it.

Don't think it is goal net sewn to the top of the pads and gloves... it is a raised texture created to look like netting.

Plus you patent the idea you can have anyone produce the product.

Archived