Indiana Pacers Concept

mbannon92

All right, so back in the 90s the Pacers had it right when it came to uniforms. Their early-mid 90s ones were amazing, and the pinstripes were sharp too. But their current unis are quite average, so I decided to do a "modern throwback" to the early 90s when Reggie was talking smack to Spike in the Garden.

First, the logos. I kept the same logo but changed the P to a royal blue and gave it a navy outline. That royal blue is now the primary color, with navy being used for trim mostly. I took away the baseball-style circle and used the yellow ball as the alternate, with a royal blue ball to match.

PacersLogos.png

And now for the uniforms. First off, please don't come on telling me "these aren't new, they're just like the 90s unis." That's what I was going for. The Pacers never should have scrapped that design. I did modernize it a little though, as well as a few other changes. I used the new font on the front and for the numbers, and I put the ball logo under the collar on the back. Also, on the middle stripe down the side i put a faint checker pattern, paying homage to racing, where the team got its name. I added a navy line down each side of the stripes and kept a yellow alternate as well.

Home

PacersHome.png

Away

PacersAway.png

Alternate

PacersAlt.png

Please let me know what you think!

I like the royal blue as the primary color, but the Navy is now unneeded.

I would drop it completely, the road and alternate could use white in place of navy... Would add some needed contrast between the yellow and blue.

At this point the Navy and royal kind of blend when they are right next to each other.

Overall I like the 90s look to it... But it could be better.

Like the sublimated checkers too...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I really like the idea, it's definately something that could work. However, as LEWJ pointed out, the navy (which seemed like an excellent idea at first) isn't really needed; you already have two colors that contrast pretty well, no need to throw in the navy. What you do need is white, it would help make the numbers/lettering stand out against the yellow and blue backgrounds from the jersey.

My second thought is this: I know you were trying to recreate that 90's look, but what if you brought this into present day and straightened out those stripes so that they're completely vertical, then add the second stripe to the other side? IMO, it would really set this thing off.

Looking foward to any updates.

">

Yes it looks much better. I absolutly love the checker pattern too. I think it needs a more retro looking font though. i think that would make it look great

I like the font - it gives it more of a modern feel, but here is another option.

PacersLogos2.png

You know what, the thought that somebody would shout "you didn't do anything different here" crossed my mind when I posted my recent Bullets concept (granted, this set's based on the iconic Flojos. My work was based on threads that only lasted two seasons tops and most people would easily mistake for what came before it.)...and I wound up getting no complaints on it, but rather the similarly-striped Wizards set I released alongside it.

If I were to do something differently besides making sure the R looks like an R, it'd be the third. Pretty damn good in and of itself, but I'd probably have based the third on the pinstripes, or perhaps tried my hand at a Flojos/pins hybrid. Though that's mainly my usual dislike for thirds looking too much like the home & away talking.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

All right Discrimihater, I took your advice and completely redid the alt. I added pinstripes and took C Jay Z's advice and used vertical stripes on each side. Honestly, I think I might put this design on all the unis!

What does everyone think?

PacersAlt2.png

Archived